• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Pretty much why I refuse to go on weekends or holidays. I see too much stupid shit during those times.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Everyone wants to be safe, but PLEASE don't think this could never happen to you. Because it can and I would dare say, everyone who does any amount of shooting has or will experience a ND in there lifetime. Luckily it mostly goes off without any real harm to anything except an ego, a TV or maybe a truck hood or floorboard.

Ric-san

Master
    You guys mean it's not safe to put a loaded gun in you pants and or pocket...? I kinda use too look up to Plaxico Burris...wonder if this too affects MC...?

Fletch

Master
    Would love to know type of firearm it was and what actually happened. All the negligent discharges you read about seem to have very vague descriptions and it's hard to really take anything from them other than a reminder to give a loaded weapon the respect it deserves and don't get complacent with your gun handling especially if you handle them a lot.

John B.

Master
    Would love to know type of firearm it was and what actually happened. All the negligent discharges you read about seem to have very vague descriptions and it's hard to really take anything from them other than a reminder to give a loaded weapon the respect it deserves and don't get complacent with your gun handling especially if you handle them a lot.
    I know for a fact it was a 9mm beretta, not sure what model, but he was attempting to put it in his front pocket, so I assume it was a tomcat or nano.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Fletch

Master
    FBI is predicting record gun sales today. Can you imagine the public ranges today and this weekend with all the new gun owners? Then you have the worse than new gun owner, which is the hunter so I know guns guy that has little to zero experience with handguns but doesn't know he has unsafe handling practices. Extra points for passing along the bad habits to the little lady next to them. Good luck RO's. I won't be around to witness the madness.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Things always happen. I always have my full aid bag (mini hospital) when I go the range or make any long trips. Too many variables out there. Plus if I get shot somehow, id like to be able to fix myself!!!

Last week had a guy try to shoot an AR at the range with only a front sight post. I told him (fudd/neckbeard) that he needed a rear sight. His response to me was and I quote "why would I need 2 sights on a gun"....I informed the range safety and left to go to the 300 yard range. They didnt let him shoot it though!!!

timc

Expert
    Things always happen. I always have my full aid bag (mini hospital) when I go the range or make any long trips. Too many variables out there. Plus if I get shot somehow, id like to be able to fix myself!!!

Last week had a guy try to shoot an AR at the range with only a front sight post. I told him (fudd/neckbeard) that he needed a rear sight. His response to me was and I quote "why would I need 2 sights on a gun"....I informed the range safety and left to go to the 300 yard range. They didnt let him shoot it though!!!

You post that in the arfcom thread regarding ranges? I just read that thread.

Hipower

Marksman
    Heard rumor that there was a GSW at SR range today. Nothing substantial to back it up. Anyone got any other details?

Tape, tape. "Let's go to the VIDEO TAPE." Check those security cameras.

That's why we make all new members at ERGC watch a safety video before shooting at the range after becoming members, but that's no panacea. Just so you can see what stupid stuff NOT TO DO and how to handle firearms safely and watch out for the other stupid/ignorant/careless/"It aint even loaded" person/member/guest.

helo_hunter

Expert
    ERGC has a pretty good safety tape - know the folks who wrote and narrated it

MarkS

Master
    FBI is predicting record gun sales today. Can you imagine the public ranges today and this weekend with all the new gun owners? Then you have the worse than new gun owner, which is the hunter so I know guns guy that has little to zero experience with handguns but doesn't know he has unsafe handling practices. Extra points for passing along the bad habits to the little lady next to them. Good luck RO's. I won't be around to witness the madness.

Was letting a buddy who is ex-army shoot on my little private pistol range and we were shooting some really old 22lr ammo (40+ years) I had to stop him twice from pointing the barrel at his chest when clearing a round that FTF you never know if it might be a hangfire or if it really is a dud

Fletch

Master
    Was letting a buddy who is ex-army shoot on my little private pistol range and we were shooting some really old 22lr ammo (40+ years) I had to stop him twice from pointing the barrel at his chest when clearing a round that FTF you never know if it might be a hangfire or if it really is a dud

Yikes....a lot of people falsely assume just because someone was in the military at some point they are experts at handling any firearm.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Sure wish we had a name and pics...wonder if it was a member here?

kendive

Master
    One reason I head out to my lease to shoot and I'm the only one out there usually! If I get shot, it's my fault! No one else can be an idiot and shoot me!

Another reason I shoot on my own property also. I was a member of the Muzzle Loader Club for years and years and then decided to buy my own property. Have not been a member since.

Fletch

Master
    Well I'm sort of conflicted. I definitely want more people to get into shooting and realizing only they can truly be responsible for their self-defense and safety. Along with that comes more crowded ranges however. A safety video for new members or 1st time visitors to a range is an excellent idea however.

Top Bottom