• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Im seeing news of this starting to pop up a few different places.

The United States has issued a gun export ban for all non-governmental users for the next 90 days. A ban to this extent has never happened before according to firearms expert lawyer Johanna Reeves. A review by the Commerce Department will assess the "risk of firearms being diverted to entities or activities that promote regional instability, violate human rights, or fuel criminal activities."

M60Gunner

Master
    My first thought was damage control after the first videos I saw of hamas murdering unarmed civilians clearly showed what appeared to be M4 rifles complete with laser range finders and Acogs…

BluesBrother

Master
    I believe most if not all manufacturing of S&W, Ruger, and others is done in the USA. This 90 day ban might create a purchasing opportunity of these weapons for our civilian market. I would think the companies mentioned could survive the 90 ban. My concern is what happens when the 90 day ban is over? Will there be another 90 ban and another, and another, and another? Is this a dem attempt to cash strap American firearms manufacturing? "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you." ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    It's one of those things that almost looks like an attack on American manufacturing. To stay alive, you have to sell to the Government. To gain their contracts, you have to do whatever they tell you.
    I believe most if not all manufacturing of S&W, Ruger, and others is done in the USA. This 90 day ban might create a purchasing opportunity of these weapons for our civilian market. I would think the companies mentioned could survive the 90 ban. My concern is what happens when the 90 day ban is over? Will there be another 90 ban and another, and another, and another? Is this a dem attempt to cash strap American firearms manufacturing? "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you." ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22.
    That's another thing - What stops this from continuing every 90 days. Kill every internal manufacturer, and then ban imports.

Maybe my tinfoil is wrapped too tightly, but generally I dislike the government telling anyone what to do.
    Especially with the Crony Capitalism that's running rampant.

BluesBrother

Master
    It's one of those things that almost looks like an attack on American manufacturing. To stay alive, you have to sell to the Government. To gain their contracts, you have to do whatever they tell you.
    That's another thing - What stops this from continuing every 90 days. Kill every internal manufacturer, and then ban imports.

Maybe my tinfoil is wrapped too tightly, but generally I dislike the government telling anyone what to do.
    Nope, your hat is fine. There's a fine line between being cautious and being situationally aware

lil'skeet

Master
    Im seeing news of this starting to pop up a few different places.

The United States has issued a gun export ban for all non-governmental users for the next 90 days. A ban to this extent has never happened before according to firearms expert lawyer Johanna Reeves. A review by the Commerce Department will assess the "risk of firearms being diverted to entities or activities that promote regional instability, violate human rights, or fuel criminal activities."
    Hmm, sounds like our masters.

lil'skeet

Master

I've been saying it for years now. If you can't ban the guns ban or put the supply out of business. Look at how many small FFLs in our area are out of business now.

Top Bottom