• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M60Gunner

Master
    I have damp rid and some desiccants in the safe, and I recently placed this in the room.

Been very pleased so far.

Last edited:

DRS76

Shooter
    I purchased a Liberty 48 gun safe seven years ago and I am very pleased with it, it was well over $600. A decent safe that will protect from fire or theft is worth it, regardless of where its made/brand. Always go bigger than what you need...for some reason the manufacture claims 48 guns, but with optics etc on the rifle, you loose room real quick.

Welldoya

Master
    I have damp rid and some desiccants in the safe, and I recently placed this in the room.

Been very pleased so far.
    That dehumidifier gets good reviews as does the Frigidaire which I recently bought.
    I’ve gone through a dozen or so dehumidifiers in the last 20 years.
    Last year I bought a couple of Media from Sam’s Club. Pure garbage.
    The first one went out 13 months after I bought it and the other shortly after that.
    At least I got 2 years out of GE which I also regard as junk.
    Inside the safe I use a couple of tubs of Damp-Rid and a small rechargeable.

lil'skeet

Master
    You might be able to squeeze those guns in a 40 gun safe without jamming them together with a whole lot of rubbin' goin' on. I usually look at the number of guns listed compared to the number of guns effectively stores as somewhere between 2 to 1 and 3 to 1...usually closer to 3 to 1. When tight, I use gun socks to avoid dinging the crap out of my firearms.
    +1 on the gun socks. Silicone socks and label what is in it works great. Socks are very inexpensive too. Under $10 each.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    +1 on the gun socks. Silicone socks and label what is in it works great. Socks are very inexpensive too. Under $10 each.
    Be careful of what socks you get and where you get them. I had an inexpensive sock from Amazon that I put my Buckmark in - didn't check the safe for 6 months and there is now rust damage on the barrel. :/

RustedBolt

Shooter
    Yeah, I use the Cabela's silicone treated ones. You can buy them in 3-packs. Sportsman's Warehouse sells the same stuff in a 6-pack -- I have bought from both and they look to be from the same source, just different logo.

lil'skeet

Master
    Be careful of what socks you get and where you get them. I had an inexpensive sock from Amazon that I put my Buckmark in - didn't check the safe for 6 months and there is now rust damage on the barrel. :/
    10 4 on Amazon bullshit. I never mixed Amazon and gun stuff. Matter a fact I don't do Amazon, UPS, Coke products, or anyone else I find that funds things I despise.
    I get silicone gun socks thru Zanders, made by Birchwood Casey. Been good so far. Would be a big lawsuit if they caused rust....

Top Bottom