• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    True.

This. I have accounts with 30+ distributors and let me tell you its a 24/7 job searching all of them 24/7 trying to see the most current uploads and trying to beat out 5000 other dealers trying to order the same thing. Distributors are getting inventory in drips and drabs and we all are getting barely anything. For example, New Arrivals at Davidsons used to be 7-8 pages every day. Now it is one page if we are lucky and most of the stuff is gone within minutes. We gotta be up at 3 am in the morning to hit the early trucks and beat someone else to grab the good inventory. On top of that, there are various dealer programs being introduced at the beginning of the year, they are "stocking dealer" programs. All the distributors have told us people who sign up for these programs get bumped ahead of everyone else for the inventory. In these times, this is critical. Some of us smaller dealers dont have the cash to participate. Most require a 15-20k commitment for one manufacturer. I can name 6 programs that are a must participate. If we cant sign up right now, we are most likely not getting the prime guns for sales. Im not saying everyone needs to pity the gun store owners, but our companies have to turn a profit so everyone gets paid to be able to pay the bills. - end rant

SteveC

Shooter
    But they are getting their own stocks in, selling that at a premium, as well as getting other retailers stock in to sell at a premium.

Who's getting their own stocks in????? Unless you have an established history of ordering in real volume, you are on the bottom of the list & are not even allowed to place items on backorder at most wholesalers. Other than the ultra high-end firearms that none of my clients can afford to buy, none of the places I have accounts with have any available stock & they haven't since the day this craziness started. Personally, I still would never buy from Walmart & then resell, but that's just a personal choice on my part & I have a 2nd job to pay the bills & do not have a staff of multiple sales personnel whose families I have to worry about.

Top Bottom