• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebuilt

Marksman
    Sunday morning my daughter was out in our yard riding the little 4wheeler, she is 10 and a very sweet little girl. The sound of the quad attracted the attention of a neighborhood boy. Very smartly she went and put the quad away and then started to play with the little boy. I assumed due to the size of the little boy that he was my daughters age. After a while he says he needs to go check in with his MoM whom lives a few houses down and if carliegh can go with. i said yes thinking the kid lived in eyeshot, but as they were leaving all hell breaks loose with baby(home alone wife at work). I get him happy again and the kids are back in my yard where I can see them(I little kid lied about where he lived). The kids disappered again about an hour latter. By this time the wife is home so I jump on the Bigger atv and go around the neighborhood looking for my kid. Well the house I thought he lived at was not it. I find my daughters bike and chew her ass for taking off like that in front of the boys mom.

little while latter the boy shows up and I invite him in to talk, I find out the little shit is 14 and goes to the Lakeveiw school. I tell him should leave because We were getting ready for dinner and to call before he came back.

Today his mother calls asking a person she met 1 time for 5 minutes to go pick up her sons prescription for ritalin(a controlled substance). I explain that I won't and to call community transport and they will send a car tobhelp her(kid qualifies for assistance). Then I politely explain why I don't want her 14yr old son around my daughter. She comes back with he has the mental capacity of an 8yr old.

This was to close for comfort and it was all my fault, I thank god nothing happened to my daughter. A 14 yr old with the mind of a 8yr old could have ruined my childs life or worse.

Without beating my ass or flaming me fellow dads what should be my last step. Already warned her I will call law if I see him on my place again.

Seanpcola

I feel sorry for the little boy if he does in fact have "issues" but looks like you are doing the right thing.

The mom calling for a favor bugs me. I will do anything I can for anyone but I get a bad vibe from someone I just met briefly asking favors. Asking to pick up prescription meds is worse. Bad from several possible angles.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    rebuilt, You did right and are thinking right. I would call the law for him trespassing. You already warned his mom to keep him away.

sfiturbo

Shooter
    Rule of life...people suck. Mother sounds like a leach and can't or won't keep watch on a diminished capability child. Your daughter is your most valued possession, safeguard her life and virtue with all you have. Trust no one around her.

MAXman

Master
    It's possible*and I do mean possible* the kid really is not goog tondo any harm. I suspect he is more likley to be a victim at this age than a predator(closest thing I can think of to call it, though it doesn't exactly fit right).

I would have done the same, honestly. I would say that as long as it's in the yard and in eyesight he is allowed to play, but we all know that's a snowballs chance of actually happening(and how long do you allow it, saying he does happen to follow that rule?). Plus, if she's calling someone to pick up scripts, count her to do 10% less than the bare minimum on a good day.

Actually, there was a boy in a similar situation in our NIEGHBORHOOD when I was growing up. I was 15 by the time whatever molestation was done to him started to surface as an issue, so he never bothered me. Most of the guys my age knew to keep an eye out for him and if he wondered to any small kids. It wasn't his fault, but the stuff that came out of his mouth.... Whenever me and my wife and son visit my parents, occasionally he will knock on the door afterwards and ask my dad to see his daughter. He's only tried to approach twice when I was there. I just look him in he eye, shake my head and point down the street. The guy gets the message. I kinda feel like an asshole, but a 5'10" dude in his mid 20's with the mind of a 8 year old looking tonget laid, is not so one I want around my family. Like Sean said, I feel bad for the guy. But life sucks.

dirtysouth

Marksman
    Trust your gut! These are children. I have 5, youngest 21 girl. If you don't have time to watch the kid around your kid then its sooooooo no!!!! Tell his ma to keep him outta your place.

Rebuilt

Marksman
    I have a 13yrold son as well who has shown a keen intrest in the opposite sex. Only thing that poped in my head was a 14yr old puberty controlled body being operated my an 8yr olds brain. I do feel for the kid, I have some inlaws that are a little "touched" as they used to say. I left the the part out about her having the boy call me sunday asking for money, whole situation felt wrong.

flyandscuba

Master
    If the kid is that mentally diminished - they need to do a vasectomy before he reaches puberty. That way if the little shit does try anything with anyone - he'll be shooting blanks.

Feel free to flame me if you'd like - but someone that "off" has no chance of being a responsible father at anytime in the future...

Rebuilt

Marksman
    I have heard enough horror stories from city cops when I was a police explorer to know what evil can lurk in a plain wrapper, just misjudged the situation with the kid. The mother however is the real peoce of work.

Seanpcola

Mom had the boy call you asking for money? Build a wall around that fast. In fact, I know this isn't worthy of a police report yet but it would be good to have certain things on record somehow. Just in case.

Rebuilt

Marksman
    My uncle is a states attorney, he said let it rest but if the kid shows up just get a deputy over. I have the tims of her phone calls and a couple of voice mails. At the end of todays altercation she started calling with her called id blocked

dirtysouth

Marksman
    Touched. Plain wrapper... Lmaox1000. Heard touched before, but plain wrapper is new. I gotta use it!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    If the kid is that mentally diminished - they need to do a vasectomy before he reaches puberty. That way if the little shit does try anything with anyone - he'll be shooting blanks.

Feel free to flame me if you'd like - but someone that "off" has no chance of being a responsible father at anytime in the future...

Even better if he was my son I would get him fixed so his hormones would not rage and cause the problem in the first place, there would be no chance of even having sex.

shadeogray

Master
    I think you did good, I would go and get no trespassing signs too...

JBryan314

Master
    It's possible*and I do mean possible* the kid really is not goog tondo any harm. I suspect he is more likley to be a victim at this age than a predator(closest thing I can think of to call it, though it doesn't exactly fit right).

I would have done the same, honestly. I would say that as long as it's in the yard and in eyesight he is allowed to play, but we all know that's a snowballs chance of actually happening(and how long do you allow it, saying he does happen to follow that rule?). Plus, if she's calling someone to pick up scripts, count her to do 10% less than the bare minimum on a good day.

Actually, there was a boy in a similar situation in our NIEGHBORHOOD when I was growing up. I was 15 by the time whatever molestation was done to him started to surface as an issue, so he never bothered me. Most of the guys my age knew to keep an eye out for him and if he wondered to any small kids. It wasn't his fault, but the stuff that came out of his mouth.... Whenever me and my wife and son visit my parents, occasionally he will knock on the door afterwards and ask my dad to see his daughter. He's only tried to approach twice when I was there. I just look him in he eye, shake my head and point down the street. The guy gets the message. I kinda feel like an asshole, but a 5'10" dude in his mid 20's with the mind of a 8 year old looking tonget laid, is not so one I want around my family. Like Sean said, I feel bad for the guy. But life sucks.

Whoa, wait. Who is he asking to see? Your dad's daughter? Your sister?

MAXman

Master
    That's who he was asking to see. However, I don't have a sister. I assume he ment my wife.

Top Bottom