• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • young gun

Shooter
    The laws says that I can legally own a handgun at 18 and the ammo for it but not buy them. am I the only one that sees this makes no sense whatsoever. I've had my handgun for a while now that my dad bought but everytime I go to get ammo it becomes a pain I can't get ammo for my gun. Sorry bout the little rant, just irritated trying to buy ammo.

Little Jack

Master
    Take a look at the ass hattery that is the NFA. Rarely is there "common sense" with gun laws.

DGladden

Marksman
    Go to Walmart. When they ask, tell them it's for a rifle. This worked for my Brother-in-law.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Here is another one. Florida passed a bill that allows military get their concealed at 18 years of age and I got mine at 19 years old but I can't buy a pistol or rounds from a dealer. That is another one. I hate the ATF and NFA.

Jeb21

Master
    The states decide at what age you can possess handguns and handgun ammunition. The Federal government decides at what age you can purchase a handgun and handgun ammunition, that is the reason for this situation. I believe that if you are old enough to vote, old enough to marry, old enough to serve in the military then you are old enough to purchase a handgun, old enough to buy alcohol and otherwise be treated like a fully emancipated adult.

young gun

Shooter
    I'm just going to start ordering online or from private sellers to not deal with the pain in the ass. I heard that wal mart was real strict when it comes to selling ammo that's considered pistol ammo And a lot of the gun stores are still pricing there ammo twice as expensive as it can be found on the internet. It's just ridiculous how hard they make it to buy ammo and guns nowadays even being legal.

Gravity3694

Expert
    I'm just going to start ordering online or from private sellers to not deal with the pain in the ass. I heard that wal mart was real strict when it comes to selling ammo that's considered pistol ammo And a lot of the gun stores are still pricing there ammo twice as expensive as it can be found on the internet. It's just ridiculous how hard they make it to buy ammo and guns nowadays even being legal.

That's what I did when I was in the 18-21 gap. Its technically still illegal though. I also did a lot of reloading during that time.

young gun

Shooter
    That's what I did when I was in the 18-21 gap. Its technically still illegal though. I also did a lot of reloading during that time.

I still have 3 years of dealing with it. I can always get my pops to pick me up some ammo if I need it quickly. I don't plan on doing anything stupid with it so I shouldn't have a problem with the legality of it.

young gun

Shooter
    Here is another one. Florida passed a bill that allows military get their concealed at 18 years of age and I got mine at 19 years old but I can't buy a pistol or rounds from a dealer. That is another one. I hate the ATF and NFA.

does florida still do this? I plan on joining the military and it would be nice to get my ccw before being 21.

Members online

Top Bottom