• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bakron1

Expert
    Hello

I live in Ocala Florida and I have been into firearms and shooting since I was very young. I used to shoot pretty regular and go to the local gun shows with my identical twin brother Don when we lived in Michigan. He used to laugh and called me a 1911 guy because thats all I ever bought. We sold our home in Michigan, retired and moved here to Florida in August of 2020, sadly my twin brother Don passed away in May of last year from Cardiac shock, it crushed me and I will never get over losing him, we lived together for 37 years, but I decided to get back into the shooting sports and bought a H&K VP9 and a Glock 43X for my EDC.

He is probably laughing at me up there because I deiced to buy something other then a 1911. I am glad there is a local indoor range here in Ocala which I have become a member of. I wish my brother was still here because he loved to shoot and go to the local gun shows and was very knowledgable about firearms. But life rolls on and shooting sports and my photography has helped me to move on. Thanks for letting me join this site.

Ron

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Howdies. Welcome from Bama. Yeah it's nice to network on places like these after losing loved ones. It's kind of what dragged me here too.
    Twins are close. My little bros are twins. Now I have twin grandbabies lol. Glad to have ya bud

MarkS

Master
    Welcome to the forum from Baker, Florida

Krazy1

Expert
    Welcome from Milton, FL. Sorry about your brother, I know it's hard. I lost my dad to Covid 2 years ago. He was 77 and my best friend. I was listening to old country this weekend and that Sawyer Brown song came on ''The Walk'' and I started bawling because he was in early stages of dementia before he passed. It really made me emotional. Not sure I will ever get over his passing.

bakron1

Expert
    Welcome from Milton, FL. Sorry about your brother, I know it's hard. I lost my dad to Covid 2 years ago. He was 77 and my best friend. I was listening to old country this weekend and that Sawyer Brown song came on ''The Walk'' and I started bawling because he was in early stages of dementia before he passed. It really made me emotional. Not sure I will ever get over his passing.
    I totally understand, a lot has happened since my twin brother passed last May. I lost my mom in January, she was a great mom and had a great run at 87.

Then I lost my best friend and my motorcycle riding buddy in July. I have been thru a lot lately, but I feel there is a reason why I am still here and I continue to move forward.

Krazy1

Expert
    Hang in there brother, there are a great group of guys on this forum who all share common interests. You will fit right in.

Top Bottom