• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sandspur6

Expert
    If you can locate the date code on the left side of the barrel, right by where it joins the receiver, I can probably date it for you to the month and year.
    (Oh, I just noticed where someone already posted a website for that.)

Last edited:

Metal Storm

Expert
    Coincidentally, I just bought home my Dad’s 870 trap shotgun. He shot a lot of trap, we reloaded most of his shotgun shells together and I even worked in the pit slinging the clay birds. His was made in 1966 and mine was in 1968. I have no room for it or need and can’t sell it. Been seriously debating giving it to my next younger brother. He and his family might get more use out of it.

Sandspur6

Expert
    If you don't want or need it, that would probably be the right thing to do, assuming that he wants it. At any rate, it should stay in the family if at all possible.

big jon

Marksman
    they dont bury you with stuff unless you set on the head stone and watch it get covered up and then if its worth any thing they will dig it up and recover it

LowRiderRed

Master
    Coincidentally, I just bought home my Dad’s 870 trap shotgun. He shot a lot of trap, we reloaded most of his shotgun shells together and I even worked in the pit slinging the clay birds. His was made in 1966 and mine was in 1968. I have no room for it or need and can’t sell it. Been seriously debating giving it to my next younger brother. He and his family might get more use out of it.
    I talked to my uncle earlier today and told him I have his Daddy's shotgun. He knew all about it. I'll be taking it to him in the next couple of weeks. He deserves to have it and I'll be be glad for him to have it to pass on in our family.

Raven

Master
    they dont bury you with stuff unless you set on the head stone and watch it get covered up and then if its worth any thing they will dig it up and recover it
    Nope. I know the hoe operator. I'll pay him to put it 20 feet under me. ;) But nothing is theft proof, I gotcha. Something cool I've thought about before is setting favorite guns in the concrete walls of the vault! How cool would that be?! And theft proof. Just gotta do it while still alive and can talk to the PreCast concrete guys

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Screenshot_20210804-223013_Chrome.jpg
    Gotta leave something for the future, lmao. In all seriousness, a pump action 870 might be the max of what's legal in the very near future, and I only paid $130 for my 870, so I can afford to have fun whichever way I want to with my first ever longarm. Cheap guns are better like that. It used to be that cheap old scratched, rusted and dented 870's could be found on every wall of most Milton pawn shops on 87N for not much more than $100. But that might also be why Kuch's Pawn went out of business. And then Ron's Place pawn closed after that, in the same location. And the pawn shop just up the street from Grey Man Armory doesn't sell guns at all. Out of 5 gun shops that are or were on 87N, Guns and Such pawn and Grey Man Armory are the only gun dealers left on 87N and then again, Guns and Such seems to be closed most of the time. I wish Grey Man Armory good luck. They are more tactical then bird hunter

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    I stayed and watched my adopted dad get buried all the way to the top....

Reactions: FLT
    Top Bottom