• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyandscuba

Master
    Yeah, all the thugs and low lifes are bringing in the stolen and cheap shit for the gift cards -- then they'll go out and steal some more to re-arm...

You could actually make a profit on the buy-back. Buy every $50 Lorcin and Jennings that you can find (like the guy I'm sure did with the trunk full) -- then swap them for $100 gift cards! Use those for your groceries -- and buy better guns with the cash that you would have spent from your budget on food...

I've got an idea -- maybe the GCGF should organize a "buy back"... Distribute flyers around the "hood" that they can exchange a firearm of any type for a gift card. We buy bunch of gift cards at a discount on groupon -- and see what the haul brings in. The cheap and undesirable stuff can be sold at the next gun show (and hopefully cover the cost of the gift cards) -- and the "good" stuff we can keep!

Last edited:

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    That will never pass the house,she better have her pen ready,that will have to be rewritten about a trillion times for it to be backed by anyone that ever wants to be re-elected again.Loook how many Brady bill backers retained their seats the next term.The Dems took note,trust me If I know they def. remember...And remember tis same crew is up for re-election soon!Not a good time to shit the bed...

Scuba nailed it,and I dont think they will open up the NFA can of worms,the whole act would have to be rewritten too...not happening..but untill then everyone freak out! Just a friendly reminder I have all the 150.00 PMAGS you need..
    41-nQJqZ1UL__SL500_AA280_.jpg

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    #23 from Blackeyes. Wow. Big data dump there. It would be a worst case basis for the entire US Population if that "Plan" is real and executed by the current administration. A real scary read there.

Blackeyes

Expert
    I have no idea.. And I'm cautious, I dont believe everything I read. I would not rule it out.
    The next 12 months will tell the story one way or another (wink)

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Interesting read.
    At this point in my old life nothing surprises me anymore.

Blackeyes

Expert
    It does make me wonder what the next "never let a crisis go to waste" move will be when it happens again..... And it will happen again

MrFish

Expert
    It does make me wonder what the next "never let a crisis go to waste" move will be when it happens again..... And it will happen again

Makes me want to apply for my FFL for the next one.

ted-hurst

Master
    I saw this article on the NRA webpage and that lead to another article I saw. They said the NRA had 4+ million members and since Newton they've added over 8000+ new members a day. They said the membership usually increases after a gun related incident but they've never seen an increase like this. I think the politicians will have a hard time ignoring this, especially ones coming up for re-election.

Ted

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    See this in the bill, better start selling your guns!

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
    •Background check of owner and any transferee;
    •Type and serial number of the firearm;
    •Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    •Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    •Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration

You notice this provision?

S 265.02 Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree. A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree when:
    (5) (i) Such person possesses three or more firearms;

woody

Shooter
    California should be proud of that old bitch. Why doesn't she just show off her "Communist Party" card, it's probably right there beside her "DNC" card....

Patoz

Marksman

S 265.02 Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree. A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree when:

Only if you live in New York State! It's a good thing we live in Florida, and not New York State... :rockon:

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article265.htm#p265.02

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    No the Finestein Bill is National

Patoz

Marksman
    Of course it is Frank, but the law you quoted is New York Penal Law, and I don't see it anywhere in the Gun Ban Draft. If you have a source which indicates something different, please post the link.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    whatever...they all want the same thing

Blackeyes

Expert
    See this in the bill, better start selling your guns!

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
    •Background check of owner and any transferee;
    •Type and serial number of the firearm;
    •Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    •Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    •Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration

I missed that one..
    Hell, I dont think I know anyone who has less than 3 firearms...

Blackeyes

Expert
    President Obama has given his comic sidekick the task of pushing gun control measures through Congress. Democrats and some liberal Republicans are calling for more gun control after the tragic shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Some state and municipal politicians, like the #1 anti-gun person in the nation – New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, are also calling for more control.
    But did you know that no matter what gun control laws are passed by the federal government, they can only be enforced in your area if your county sheriff allows them to be.
    Most people, including politicians fail to realize that the ultimate legal authorities in the land are the county sheriffs. This was established from the time of the Founding Fathers and upheld by the US Supreme Court in the 1997 case of Printz v. United States. Initially, the case was Mack v. United States, but by the time it reached the Supreme Court it was renamed.
    The case involved new federal regulations involved with the Brady Bill and gun control. FBI agents went around to the various county sheriffs and demanded that they follow the new federal guidelines. Then Graham County (AZ) Sheriff Richard Mack and several others saw the Brady Bill as being unconstitutional and refused to impose the new federal guidelines. Part of their defense was that the county sheriff was the supreme law enforcement officer over their county and that the federal government could not supersede their legal authority.
    In the court’s decision, Justice Antonin Scalia wrote:
    “. . . The great innovation of this design was that ‘our citizens would have two political capacities, one state and one federal, each protected from incursion by the other’” – “a legal system unprecedented in form and design, establishing two orders of government, each with its own direct relationship, its own privity, its own set of mutual rights and obligations to the people who sustain it and are governed by it.” (P.920)
    Justice Scalia then quoted the man considered to be the Father of the US Constitution, President James Madison, when he wrote in the decision:
    “[T]he local or municipal authorities form distinct and independent portions of the supremacy, no more subject, within their respective spheres, to the general authority than the general authority is subject to them, within its own sphere.” The Federalist, No. 39 at 245.

Scalia then referred to Gregory, 501 US at 458 when he wrote:
    “This separation of the two spheres is one of the Constitution’s structural protections of liberty: ‘Just as the separation and independence of the coordinate branches of the Federal Government serve to prevent the accumulation of excessive power in any one branch, a healthy balance of power between the States and the Federal Government will reduce the risk of tyranny and abuse from either front.’. . .”
    Referring once again to President Madison, Scalia wrote:
    “In the compound republic of America, the power surrendered by the people is first divided between two distinct governments, and then the portion allotted to each subdivided among distinct and separate departments. Hence a double security arises to the rights of the people. The different governments will control each other, at the same time that each will be controlled by itself.” (P. 922).
    In other words, the county sheriff is the highest governmental authority in his county and he does not have to bow to the tyranny of the federal government if he deems such actions to be unconstitutional or unlawful. In essence, the county sheriff has more legal authority within his county than the governor or the state or even the president of the United States.
    Today, former Sheriff Richard Mack works with a number of county sheriffs throughout the county, helping them understand the extent of their authority and how they can legally defy the federal government. I would highly recommend that you contact your county sheriff and see if he/she is aware of their powers and duties. If not, get them in contact with Mack and urge your county sheriff to stand up against upcoming unconstitutional gun laws that the liberals are going to try to impose on us.
    If you want to learn about the Role of Law Enforcement or on gun control, From My Cold Dead Fingers, from Sheriff Mack, click on the links and share this with your county sheriff, friend, family and anyone else you can think of.

Read more: http://godfatherpolitics.com/8806/county-sheriffs-can-block-federal-gun-control/#ixzz2GyAsY6vb

I pulled this from an email, might be worth a conversation with your local sheriff if things go off the rails..

Top Bottom