• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    The guy that tackled the guy with the "GUN" (!!) had been dreaming about being one or more persons hero for quite some time. He had quite actively looked and searched for different ways of accomplishing this,spurred onward by every episode of one of his favorite "hero type" TV shows.

He spent allot of time scanning the crowds for people that HE thought could be a menace to society all the while thinking how to position himself to better be the "savior" of the day. He spent countless hours sitting on a bench just outside the food court at Cordova Mall. Watching and waiting for that perfect moment.

Did he have a CWP ?? If not ... why not. Why did he not simply follow the guy with the "GUN" for just a few minutes trying to gain some info about his possible intentions and legitimacy ?? Why did he not alert authorities ?? But IMO the ultimate question is --> what happens if Florida becomes a open carry state ?? How do the citizens and the LEO's handle the open carry thing in states that have been open carry for some time now ?? Will there be somewhat of a learning curve if Florida does become a open carry state ??

I have put on and taken off my handgun quite a few times standing at the open door of my truck. I have taken the weapon out of the holster and reinstalled it in the holster. I have unbuckled my belt and taken off my weapon IN it's holster. I open the door and stand close to the frame of my truck,with my right side turned to face the steering wheel. On multiple occasions I have had people see me "doing something". They probably think that I am taking a piss.

To me this is like concealed carry. I am basically fine with people seeing a bulge under my shirt just as long as they cannot give a somewhat accurate description of what's under there to the LEO's. If this state becomes a open carry state,you can bet that I never will. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Kanaloa

Master

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Title XLVI
    CRIMES

Chapter 784
    ASSAULT; BATTERY; CULPABLE NEGLIGENCE

View Entire Chapter
    784.08 Assault or battery on persons 65 years of age or older; reclassification of offenses; minimum sentence.—
    (1) A person who is convicted of an aggravated assault or aggravated battery upon a person 65 years of age or older shall be sentenced to a minimum term of imprisonment of 3 years and fined not more than $10,000 and shall also be ordered by the sentencing judge to make restitution to the victim of such offense and to perform up to 500 hours of community service work. Restitution and community service work shall be in addition to any fine or sentence which may be imposed and shall not be in lieu thereof.
    (2) Whenever a person is charged with committing an assault or aggravated assault or a battery or aggravated battery upon a person 65 years of age or older, regardless of whether he or she knows or has reason to know the age of the victim, the offense for which the person is charged shall be reclassified as follows:
    (a) In the case of aggravated battery, from a felony of the second degree to a felony of the first degree.
    (b) In the case of aggravated assault, from a felony of the third degree to a felony of the second degree.
    (c) In the case of battery, from a misdemeanor of the first degree to a felony of the third degree.
    (d) In the case of assault, from a misdemeanor of the second degree to a misdemeanor of the first degree.
    (3) Notwithstanding the provisions of s. 948.01, adjudication of guilt or imposition of sentence shall not be suspended, deferred, or withheld.

Seanpcola

SAWMAN is certainly correct and more so than he may realize. I'll look for the article later but the inside scoop on the attacker, Michael Foster, is hes a well known advocate in his area for anti-gun groups, a true lib weenie. I'm sure he thought he was going to save the day, drop another "criminal with a gun" and show how out of control the problem is.

That's why I take the stance that I do on this incident. Sure, the good guy had every right to blow his ass away but I think it paints a prettier picture as it turned out. Instead of the intended "citizen thwarts gun crime" it displays as "low information voter, spurned on by misguided anti Constitutional sheep, steps into a situation that he was unprepared for, using no critical thinking". Too bad good guy wasn't able to add "and gets his ass handed to him on a plate by legal citizen".

SAWMAN

Master
    Can you say ---> LAWSUIT. If I were the guy with the legally possessed firearm I would be completely traumatized. Would have a hard time sleeping at night. Have to undergo at least a year worth of therapy. Demand a MRI to make sure there was no internal damaged due to the takedown.

Then of course there is Wal Fart. Are they culpable for allowing someone such as the perp to enter their store. Where was the security guard ?? Did (?) Wal Fart "facilitate this most grievous occurrence ?? Hmmmmmmmmm ???? ---- SAWMAN

Seanpcola

Can you say ---> LAWSUIT. If I were the guy with the legally possessed firearm I would be completely traumatized. Would have a hard time sleeping at night. Have to undergo at least a year worth of therapy. Demand a MRI to make sure there was no internal damaged due to the takedown.

Don't forget erectile disfunction.

Kanaloa

Master
    LOL - for some reason I find it hard to believe you would be traumatized by the incident, but I like the story

Top Bottom