• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Because there are now multiple generations of people who know nothing else there, that's how. Self perpetuated. Only way to break that cycle is for one of them families to get a kid into college or the military, to travel and see something different, a better way of doing things... AND THEN once having broken the cycle he comes back to the old neighborhood and plants the seed of change
    Totally agree. Through my .mil experiences, I've seen many escape this life. Problem is, after a while, those left behind come to expect/demand that the one who has succeeded will "share the wealth." If they don't, they are pretty much disowned/shunned. Nice. Now the person who made something out of their life has lost family/friends, and has to live with that. Not much of a morale-builder and only a small percentage are able to move beyond that, IMO/experience.

Raven

Master
    Totally agree. Through my .mil experiences, I've seen many escape this life. Problem is, after a while, those left behind come to expect/demand that the one who has succeeded will "share the wealth." If they don't, they are pretty much disowned/shunned. Nice. Now the person who made something out of their life has lost family/friends, and has to live with that. Not much of a morale-builder and only a small percentage are able to move beyond that, IMO/experience.
    Yep. ICR. I went active duty right out of high school and got transformed. Came home like twice in 4 years. Tried to make it work with family and friends afterwards and I was just too different. I left behind all of my family and friends from before the military. Lost a high school sweetheart of a first wife along the way, when her Democrat slave heart sided with the small town whore and her drop out drug addict townie boyfriend... what used to be my best friend, the first wife's best friend and my first wife, all 4 of us inseperable in high school, now 3 out of 4 are very much not worth giving the time of day to. The three of them were unsalvageable. My adopted single mom told me to get lost and don't come back until I got rid of the wife... and that sealed that relationships and all of the adopted family's fate. The military was a "transformation" for sure. But I still moved back home to the old neighborhood. I've moved all over the country and still came back to this redneck hell hole 4 or 5 times now. I wouldn't change what happened for the whole world :) Gotta break the cycle. Enrich yourself. Then enrich everybody around you.

Back to the op... Enrich yourself, not an insurance company. Think out of the box. Find a way to quit paying the insurance protection racket. Read a Dave Ramsey book. Listen to him on the radio. He says to live beneath your means and so live like no one else... so that later you can live like no one else (filthy rich). And then go spread that multigenerational transferable wealth around

Last edited:

oneshot

Master
    I dropped my house insurance 2 years ago. know a lot of other people that have done the same. my house is not a high dollar place but it is paid for and my truck is paid for, and land also and my bullets are paid for, live just out side of the main population, was told if i could more 2 miles up the road I could get ins. for about 3-to 4 hun. a year . that would get raid of my Fl. zip code and have a Al. zip code.. Also when the deducible for Hurricane is 10K. You drop it you can get it for less If you don't owe on it. That's where they have the rope around you neck..

Carl

Master
    Be self insured. Own your house... a concrete indestructible house or a cheap replaceable house or trailer. Tell them to go F themselves. Beat the system and don't play by their rules. Live beneath your means, sure, but at the same time you'll kick back all that insurance protection racket money into your retirement fund, kids college fund, trip to Europe fund, kids retirement fund, etc. Live beneath your means... Live like no one else... so that later you can live no one else. The paid for home mortgage is the new status symbol of choice. Change your family tree. Enrich yourself, not an insurance company
    I agree but telling them to go F themselves is only possible to a point if you have a normal job and a family. Our problems are a lot bigger than that but tyrannical insurance prices,taxes, fractional banking and money lending - historically these have been methods to apply pressure to the populace, same as engineered food shortages etc. But yeah, such is Communism.

Raven

Master

Look at his face! He was having a blast! Good times, all around. The beginning of the clip says he'd already sold 20,000,000 copies of that song. Because his song was all true! He beat the system. Good for him.

IronBeard

Master
    Yep. ICR. I went active duty right out of high school and got transformed. Came home like twice in 4 years. Tried to make it work with family and friends afterwards and I was just too different. I left behind all of my family and friends from before the military. Lost a high school sweetheart of a first wife along the way, when her Democrat slave heart sided with the small town whore and her drop out drug addict townie boyfriend... what used to be my best friend, the first wife's best friend and my first wife, all 4 of us inseperable in high school, now 3 out of 4 are very much not worth giving the time of day to. The three of them were unsalvageable. My adopted single mom told me to get lost and don't come back until I got rid of the wife... and that sealed that relationships and all of the adopted family's fate. The military was a "transformation" for sure. But I still moved back home to the old neighborhood. I've moved all over the country and still came back to this redneck hell hole 4 or 5 times now. I wouldn't change what happened for the whole world :) Gotta break the cycle. Enrich yourself. Then enrich everybody around you.

Back to the op... Enrich yourself, not an insurance company. Think out of the box. Find a way to quit paying the insurance protection racket. Read a Dave Ramsey book. Listen to him on the radio. He says to live beneath your means and so live like no one else... so that later you can live like no one else (filthy rich). And then go spread that multigenerational transferable wealth around
    BTDT. Seems to be a thing within the military. I've learned over time to just lay some things down, bury others, and don't go back and dig 'em up.

Although I appreciate your sentiment. I just can't take to Ramsey; it all eventually turns to religion. At the risk of administrative retribution, my decades of experience in that arena have resulted in significantly more loss than gain. But, I do get what you're sayin'. Reality is, through my lens, the time I have left just ain't sufficient to produce a turn-around, short of winning the lottery; stupid tax ;)

IronBeard

Master
    Appreciate the talk Reb. Droppin' off to hang with the family and give someone else a chance :D

TontoFAC

Expert
    Company owned housing, just like the military and work release slaves, yessir. Oh can't forget the company owned houses and stores in the mining communities too. By the way, part of "sustainable development" is right now they are building new high rise sky scraper housing in the big cities... with not a single new parking spot. Gotta control movement too, not just housing. Keep the slaves from leaving the crap housing. Barely paid enough to afford food, so they can't get ahead, nevermind prosper enough to quit working or relocate or even stop working long enough to start a new job between getting direct deposits started again. Total BS. Homeowners insurance is a protection racket protected by the governments laws requiring the slaves to buy it
    My paternal grandparents lived in company owned housing, shopped at the company store. 2 adults and 12 sons. Everyone worked for the company in some capacity to pay the rent and food bill. This was in the United States.

Top Bottom