How many cigar enthusiasts are on our forum?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pavegunner1

Expert
    I'm seeing some evidence in posts that there might be a few folks on here than enjoy a good cigar every now and then. Guns and cigars just seem to go together aka "The A-Team". I'm a cigar nut and have been for a very long time, even did some time working in a cigar store.....all of my earnings went back in the register.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I was, but not so much anymore. I liked to smoke one while enjoying a nice single malt scotch, just don't drink that much anymore. Still have some in my humidor and I keep it the right humidity but after more than a year I am sure they are ruined.

Emcm2

Master
    I enjoy nothing more then a blondie while I'm working on or tinkering with something if you have never had one they are smooth and relaxing Acid makes some awesome cigars if you want a really smooth one try the acid krush blue seal

Hossfly72

Marksman
    I haven't had a cigar since I gave up smoking cigarettes over a year ago. But when the cooler weather comes, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy one with either a coffee or a cocktail while watching a sunset.

Seanpcola

Been a while but I enjoy a good one on occasion. Like Hoss, I might grab a couple for the occasional relaxation smoke. Never inhaled them anyway so don't think it'll interfere with my quitting effort.

pavegunner1

Expert
    I was, but not so much anymore. I liked to smoke one while enjoying a nice single malt scotch, just don't drink that much anymore. Still have some in my humidor and I keep it the right humidity but after more than a year I am sure they are ruined.
    Howdy Frank.....If you have kept them humidified they can last forever and like wine they get better with age. I have some that have aged for over ten years and they are great. Only smoke them on special occasions.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    we shall see, they get hard, can't bring myself to tossing them.

ProGun

Shooter
    Big fan of cigars! Enjoying one on my deck as I type this. Got into cigars about 2 years ago, and enjoy the hobby. Went from a small humidor to a few wineadors in those 2 years!

Gentle Wolf

Expert
    Huge fan. Smoking a T-52 right now and spent last night watching the games at Cordova Cigars. Some days I think cigars and scotch are the only thing that keeps me sane.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

ProGun

Shooter
    Huge fan. Smoking a T-52 right now and spent last night watching the games at Cordova Cigars. Some days I think cigars and scotch are the only thing that keeps me sane.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I hear that, brother!

Smoking a nice Por Larranaga CC right now.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Just found this thread popping up and thought about the first cigar I ever smoked.
    Some of ya'll will say I'm lying, but Sean will back me up and if that doesn't do it for you, I'll give you a book and you can read the story for yourself.
    My Dad was an airline pilot for Southern Airways. On November 10th, 1972, three fine young gentlemen from Detroit decided they didn't want to go where the plane was going and stuck a .38 in my Dad's ear and a hand grenade under his chin. He quickly decided he might like to go where they wanted to go. Anyway, long story short, on the night of the 12th, they finally landed in Havana on tires that had been shot out by the FBI idiots in Orlando. Castro, hereafter referred to as "Uncle Fidel", was watching from the control tower, came down to shake my father's hand and take him and the crew to dinner. So, the very first cigar I ever smoked was given to my father by Fidel Castro in 1972. And I sure wish it had been stored in a humidor when I smoked tha sumbitch in 1980! That thing HURT me!
    Still have a couple more, wrapped in foil and stored in a display cabinet at my Mom's huse outside of Memphis..

Seanpcola

Yep, it happened. Too bad we can't publicly quote what your wonderful father said he had planned for those gentlemen had they given him no other choice. That would have been BE-A-UTIFUL and one for the record books too.

Armyvet35N

Expert
    I think Castro handed your dad a Cohibas, since that was what he smoked and was regularly supplied with. Of course, he gets the top notch stuff. I smoked Cohibas all the time in Dubai. I might even have a few stashed away :)

DaBreeze

Master
    I have enjoyed a few Drew Estate cigars on occasion

wildrider666

Master
    I'm a Fan. I enjoy them all once you get above the level sold at the local stop and rob. When the public and Gov came down on where you can smoke that forced me to cut down. I always take one to enjoy at the beach, on the chopper and sometimes at the bar. Prefer Churchill style. I've been through a couple hundred different sticks. Actually kept bands in an album with comments for awhile, wife used it for a gift list. Lol.

For those people that enjoy them, an acquaintance shakes hands, good friends offer a good smoke. Just like you don't offer cheap booze at your party, share good sticks.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    I picked up a couple cubans while in the Bahamas. Nice people, but they didn't have any cigars, so I asked them to get out, and they did. I can't verify this story. But your story was great!

Seanpcola

I picked up a couple cubans while in the Bahamas. Nice people, but they didn't have any cigars, so I asked them to get out, and they did. I can't verify this story. But your story was great!

Yeah, I picked up a Cuban once myself. Them chicks have s short temper.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Top Bottom