• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southalabama

Master
    Got a Florida marihuana card you too may go to prison under the weaponization of the Justice system. Just piss off the wrong person.

On September 21, 2011, ATF issued an Open Letter stating “any person who uses or is addicted to marijuana, regardless of whether his or her State has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal purposes, is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance, and is prohibited by Federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition.” But the change to Form 4473 does illuminate the increasing complexity of the ban. And with over half the states now allowing some method of marijuana use, it is inevitable that some well-meaning citizens will feel unjustly restricted by a firearms ban based on activity that is legal under state law. Therefore, more legal challenges to § 922(g)(3) can be expected.

So far, every Federal Circuit Court to address § 922(g)(3) agrees that it is constitutional. However, the cases provide little insight into whether there is any connection between marijuana use and gun violence.

The weaponization of the statute is my concern.

BluesBrother

Master
    The gun charge is the least serious of his crimes. Although he is officially a felon now. Bribery, influence peddling, tax evasion, lying to agents, yada, yada, yada are the more serious. They can be traced back to fjb. Keep your eye on the ball. Forget the shiny new object, please.

Themumfordman

Master
    My wife has been trying to talk me into getting a medical card to get pain relief ointments for my busted up back. I've resisted for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the very vague way the deep state operatives are interpreting everything they possibly can specifically to criminalize those of us with the means and mindset to fight back against tyranny and oppression. Frankly I'm glad anything gets levied against the Biden crime family, though we all know it won't stick. I just hope this doesn't become license for the ATF or FBI to start mass-quantity arresting people taking pain medications because they have the nerve to still own a legal firearm.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Win or Lose in November, Biden will pardon Hunter.
    Agree wholeheartedly!

Can't believe anything that mumbles out of his mouth. Remember during the debates when he said no one in his family has received any money from China? And that was before all of his recent hallucinations like Uncle Bossie. He has nothing to lose whether he wins the election or not.

FNHman

Marksman
    Are the ATF going to cross reference rehabs with gun purchases?
    There is no amount of confidential information that they don't already have access to, just needs someone to run the search protocols.

How come "shall not be infringed" is so hard for Americans to understand? I dont support any laws that violate the constitution and would never convict someone for such bs laws that infringe.

I do think Hunter should be charged for cocaine/crack/whatever drug use or possession if he had some on himself.

Hell, I even believe that felons when set free should be allowed to own guns. If your able to out of jail then your no threat right? If you are a threat then why did we let them out?

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Hell, I even believe that felons when set free should be allowed to own guns. If your able to out of jail then your no threat right? If you are a threat when why did we let them out?
    aren't felons convicted of non-violent crimes able to get their rights restored after some period of time?

Southalabama

Master
    There is no amount of confidential information that they don't already have access to, just needs someone to run the search protocols.

How come "shall not be infringed" is so hard for Americans to understand? I dont support any laws that violate the constitution and would never convict someone for such bs laws that infringe.

I do think Hunter should be charged for cocaine/crack/whatever drug use or possession if he had some on himself.

Hell, I even believe that felons when set free should be allowed to own guns. If your able to out of jail then your no threat right? If you are a threat then why did we let them out?
    It’s ripe for the politicization of the justice system.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom