Hunting, Cold bore, cold shooter, clean bore.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
    Snake-Eyes, do you remember that "cold-bore" shot you made at my place with that Ruger #1? Easy sale when the buyer hits the bulls-eye.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    I have always bench sighted in before season, and have always hit deer where I aimed, cold bore or not.

Same... each year I'll throw a couple down range to make sure I'm on and I've hit where I aimed.

At the end of the season, I'll run a patch down the barrel and that's it.

Same for my precision rigs, can't tell you the last time I did a real cleaning.

While I'm no longer an operational SWAT sniper, I believe my data book showed about 400ish rounds between cleanings. The Rem 700 LTR I was issued, which I still have and carry on duty, exhibited no distinct CB oddities. I've posted numerous 1/2 to 3/4 MOA groups on here before... for an out of the box factory rifle it's shoots extremely well.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    The snipers I know all clean their bores and then fire a fouling shot. I’ve never been much of a rifle guy, so I can’t say I’m an expert or anything. I just know what the guys I know personally do.
    Shoot slightly durdy is indeed a thing... always put a round or 2 through before you put it away.

Top Bottom