I guess we can put them back on for now. I hadn't thrown any of mine away yet.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Amnesty registration is contingent upon the rule being in place. If the rule gets a permanent injunction, then there is a possibility that the amnesty registration is null and void. Keeping a stock on an amnestied lower could result in an illegal SBR. Just repeating what I heard. I do know that wording in the ATF ruling does state that the amnesty is linked with the rule being in place. Logic dictates this could be a technicality that leads some people to be walking around with illegal SBRs if the rule gets thrown out for good one day.
    What a shit show.

Sell braces(loss)
    passport photos and prints(time and money)
    Buy stocks(more loss, but worth it)

Potentially selling stocks(loss)
    Buy braces(more loss)

Or pay to register and pay to engrave.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Either way. Sucks.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    do you still have to engrave them?

I'm glad I didn't buy a new castle nut

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Amnesty registration is forgiving the fee for the registration, correct? So in my mind the SBR is registered as a SBR as long as the registration is good standing. Not by a new ruling whimsically set by whoever. IDK I could be wrong; this is my morning head.

Cwballistics

Shooter
    Amnesty registration is forgiving the fee for the registration, correct? So in my mind the SBR is registered as a SBR as long as the registration is good standing. Not by a new ruling whimsically set by whoever. IDK I could be wrong; this is my morning head.
    Not exactly. The wording for the amnesty makes it dependent up the brace ban being in effect. It could easily be read as though the amnesty registration is invalidated if the brace ban is thrown out.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I don't think there was a "stamp" given with the registration. ???

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    wouldn't it be a violation to have an SBR without a stamp?
    ATFs take is you didn't build it so no stamp or engraving. Adopt the makers markings. Palmetto, Aero, etc.
    Like mentioned above, shit show.
    All of my paperwork on the last page says "pursuient to dot dot dot brace ruling".
    No more ruling, no more SBR?

I go against what I believe in and try to stay legal and still get phucked if this thing turns around.

IronBeard

Master
    Amnesty. Rules. Not laws. Constitution anyone? But, but, but. Authority. Badges.

Some of ya'll are still english subjects. The fear is strong with these, Luke...

BL: Those of you who still "believe," quoted to delineate from "know" For Certain, your "representatives" actually GAS about/represent you, by all means, call/write/e-mail...

FL District 1 people, where is your rep right now and how is he winning for you? Oh, right. He's on a holiday break...

Last edited:

justapilgrim

Marksman
    ATFs take is you didn't build it so no stamp or engraving. Adopt the makers markings. Palmetto, Aero, etc.
    Like mentioned above, shit show.
    All of my paperwork on the last page says "pursuient to dot dot dot brace ruling".
    No more ruling, no more SBR?

I go against what I believe in and try to stay legal and still get phucked if this thing turns around.
    Jeez a mighty...this whole mess is a bloody fuster cluck purposely conceived to confuse, intimidate, castrate, and incarcerate, we the sheople !

lil'skeet

Master
    God bless Matt Gaetz. Proud to have him as my representative. Would be a good governor or vice president.

Latest posts

Top Bottom