• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
    Screen shots of the forum post if you dealt with the person from a FS or Trade post on here, or of your conversation would be helpful.
    I have no clue what you're complaining about.
    But Im not a Mod and not very smart, and Im old, and don't understand most things now days like pronouns, trig, self identifying gender swapping, the government, the FBI justice department, and a myriad of other things that didn't use to be this complicated, and that may be the problem?
    And by the way, was this about Hunters laptop?
    When you figure all that out let me know.

Josh03

Expert
    Not complaining, just passing along the story. I believe this is a member that I met recently and traded barrels with. We had a good conversation and he seemed like a nice guy. It was a bit shocking to see his name in the article.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    If this is ture whoever or if someone on here sold him guns the "aft" will be paying them a visit soon

DGladden

Marksman
    If this is ture whoever or if someone on here sold him guns the "aft" will be paying them a visit soon
    Well, I don't believe he had a criminal record prior to last weekends events. He wasn't a member here long and I don't think he listed any firearms for sale, just some various parts and accessories. I don't know if he purchased any guns from anyone here, but again I don't think he was prohibited from buying or owning before the altercation. None of his pending charges mention felon in possession of a firearm. Bay County Sheriff's office posted the video from the store security camera if anyone wants to see it, check out their Facebook page.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    You should be good as long as you didn't "knowingly" sell one to him. We as the public have no way to check things with certainty. Just use your best judgment. As you said he likely was fine before this all

Pierre

Shooter
    Did anyone find the missing link??? Is it a he, she, it, they or them??? Gads too confusing...

.22 cents

Master
    Per my own conversations with our local ATF office years ago.. They know who you are, they know who is using multiple accounts, they know who is buying and selling a lot of firearms and they are watching. You've got more than your screen name connecting you to this site. *tin foil hats on*

Attachments

• 2F3B386D-4687-498C-922C-641079C0B4FC.jpeg
      2F3B386D-4687-498C-922C-641079C0B4FC.jpeg
      80.7 KB · Views: 77

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance

lakelandmusic

Expert
    A little reluctant to comment on here these days as a while back, someone said they were registered to vote in all 50 states, obviously joking, so I jokingly said, “You must be a Democrat then!” I got fussed at for harassing? Hummm? Ok!
    Hopefully I’m not harassing anyone, but I think many people are confused about stand your ground and self defense! They seem to falsely believe if they get into an argument that then leads to a fight, that they can use their firearm! They can but they almost certainly are going to jail/prison!
    Well it's not always that cut and dry. If you start an argument and then escalate it to using a firearm, you will certainly go to prison.
    But if you engage in an altercation, and then attempt to deescalate it, or make a retreat, and then are further engaged by the other party, or the other party escalates it, at that point if the situation meets the standards of self defense in your state, you are likely going to have to answer a lot of questions but ultimately won't go to prison.

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Well, I don't believe he had a criminal record prior to last weekends events. He wasn't a member here long and I don't think he listed any firearms for sale, just some various parts and accessories. I don't know if he purchased any guns from anyone here, but again I don't think he was prohibited from buying or owning before the altercation. None of his pending charges mention felon in possession of a firearm. Bay County Sheriff's office posted the video from the store security camera if anyone wants to see it, check out their Facebook page.

This is why I ask everyone I sell anything firearm related to for a valid Florida CCW and driver's license. At least I know they weren't a felon at the date of issue. Bill of sale for firearms too. I don't believe in licensing, but if it's the way it is right now and it's a way to cover my ass by looking at it, I'm doing it.

FLT

Master
    So your requirements are the same as a FFL? I guess that would be the safest way to conduct business, or so it would seem.

Southernlost

Expert
    He committed a felony as a legal gun owner ...what's so hard to understand about that ..its not like he was a mass bankrobber/criminal..he used his legal firearm to commit a crime .you could buy a gun today as a legal law abiding individual..and commit a crime tomorrow..just sayin .if your stipulations on selling a firearm help you sleep at night then so be it .but just know that people are crazy and maybe you just haven't let your crazy slip yet

lakelandmusic

Expert
    So your requirements are the same as a FFL? I guess that would be the safest way to conduct business, or so it would seem.
    I don't sell guns often. If I do i don't want to sell one to a violent felon unknowingly. I'm not performing background checks or providing my sales details to the ATF, so there's that. Not entirely like an FFL.

Southernlost

Expert
    I don't sell guns often. If I do i don't want to sell one to a violent felon unknowingly. I'm not performing background checks or providing my sales details to the ATF, so there's that. Not entirely like an FFL.
    Seeing a valid ccl is a basically a background check..and a bill of sale too .so what are you saying again? The only thing you aren't doing is reporting the sale ?

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Seeing a valid ccl is a basically a background check..and a bill of sale too .so what are you saying again? The only thing you aren't doing is reporting the sale ?
    To each his own man. I'm not gathering information for the feds, to me that's a big difference. I'll still sell you a gun, I just want to have a little extra peace of mind about it. If you sell a gun online \ out of state you have to do it through an FFL, so is everybody who sells a gun online an asshole?

Top Bottom