• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    And ammo. But I'm willing to bet only 10% of us have BR vests/ plate..... nothing short of an APC is "bulletproof" Bride and I have soft armor with center trauma plates only level IIa. But she has the female armor, there is a difference. It's cut for cup size, sorta. We really need to upgrade.

Raven

Master
    Just remember... on short notice, you can wrap anything in concrete, and a single cutoff/demo saw blade is hardened steel and will stop 9mm FMJ point blank while still being thin and lightweight. Can layer multiple saw blades, cut to shape. Can even wrap vehicles in concrete, like the Isrealis did

Screenshot_20200414-201049_Chrome.jpg

Jdcujo

Master
    Just remember... on short notice, you can wrap anything in concrete, and a single cutoff/demo saw blade is hardened steel and will stop 9mm FMJ point blank while still being thin and lightweight. Can layer multiple saw blades, cut to shape. Can even wrap vehicles in concrete, like the Isrealis did

View attachment 174226
    I'm honestly curious how you figured out the cutoff/demo saw blade being bullet proof.

Jdcujo

Master
    And ammo. But I'm willing to bet only 10% of us have BR vests/ plate..... nothing short of an APC is "bulletproof" Bride and I have soft armor with center trauma plates only level IIa. But she has the female armor, there is a difference. It's cut for cup size, sorta. We really need to upgrade.
    Had a soft armor vest ( need to replace as their supposedly good for about 5 years and I got it in 2012)
    I do have a set of hard plates in a carrier with trauma pads.

ccc

Master
    Level III for both my wife and I, but after wearing them in the Stan and seeing the mobility trade off, it would take an all out extended gun fight for me to wear them

Raven

Master
    I'm honestly curious how you figured out the cutoff/demo saw blade being bullet proof.
    I've shot all manner of metal, from tailgates to washer machines to saw blades. I was really surprised by how little a late 90's Chevy tailgate will stop... basically everything but 22lr went thru both sides, unless it hit some of the internal latching mechanism. Don't count on a vehicle shielding you from anything... not without adding some armor

Screenshot_20220714-052735_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220714-052242_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!

View attachment 174226

If I ever have the money then I am going to build a poured concrete home.

That said - I do not think we will need body armor any time soon. I do not see any type of major land war or civil war or the like effecting us here.

I guess I am don’t make as many enemies as some of you all…

(I still may buy some at some point)

Raven

Master

That said - I do not think we will need body armor any time soon. I do not see any type of major land war or civil war or the like effecting us here.

Get yourself a half price commercial property in the coming collapse. A lot of them are concrete with steel security doors and cameras already. My favorites to look at are defunct US Post Offices for sale. The whole building is a safe. Defunct National Guard Armory's are good too. I saw two of those for sale in Maine that were off the charts cool and relatively dirt cheap

kendive

Master

Oh I beg to differ. If you read PFF and this site there are the few that keep posting gloom and doom is coming. We will all be shooting each other for food. LOL

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Get yourself a half price commercial property in the coming collapse. A lot of them are concrete with steel security doors and cameras already. My favorites to look at are defunct US Post Offices for sale. The whole building is a safe. Defunct National Guard Armory's are good too. I saw two of those for sale in Maine that were off the charts cool and relatively dirt cheap

There is a shut down Military bunker in northwest Florida. I wish I had the money the last time it sold.

Coomer

Expert
    Don’t forget helmets too. ACHs can be found on eBay for a good price. A lot of them are on the older side but something is better than nothing.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    I've shot all manner of metal, from tailgates to washer machines to saw blades. I was really surprised by how little a late 90's Chevy tailgate will stop... basically everything but 22lr went thru both sides, unless it hit some of the internal latching mechanism. Don't count on a vehicle shielding you from anything... not without adding some armor

View attachment 174229

View attachment 174228
    I just went outside and took pics of some steel I've shot with multiple calibers. I'll post them one at a time to make it easier to see what caliber did what to what. I was pretty impressed with some. This was from my 350 Legend AR setup with standard hunting ammo. It dam near went thru. It may have pentrated tbh if it wasn't on a swinger style target. But it's some metal I've tested over time also
    a4254cdc39b6a3db4483f76b3e9bbaa7.jpg
    2e550a85ae71ad283e1920c3c5c474a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

DAS HUGH!

Master
    I kinda thought this thick of metal would stop a standard 223 out of a 16 inch barrel. Nope lol. Went right thru. This is like 5 or so more times thicker than car metals. It was shot at the angle seen also. Which is more impressive. I kind of thought it would deflect it
    ca5c6b0eb318897ea41e67698c76cf79.jpg
    a7bdd67344d1526d9c87042f6dfbe378.jpg

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Then I have some thin AR500 silhouette style targets. I accidentally shot them when I first bought them thinking they'd stop 556. But they was too thin. I bought them from a buddy for cheap and I think he cut them himself out of thinner material. He said they was AR500 anyways. They'll stop pistol ammo tho fine. But my 556 ran right thru them. So I don't shoot these with rifles no more lol. But these smaller round steel targets I have I know are AR500 as I bought them from Academy. And they do stop rifle rounds, but they're alot thicker also. So yeah most metal people hide behind won't help them much like cars, unless they get behind a rim or the motor
    e970ac1bfd1730393e998710737cfcea.jpg
    ff9dab3e75e599a31ce0ccbaf8fc4f3b.jpg
    ef84ece7e418323de2f9a951cf06edde.jpg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Then I have some thin AR500 silhouette style targets. I accidentally shot them when I first bought them thinking they'd stop 556. But they was too thin. I bought them from a buddy for cheap and I think he cut them himself out of thinner material. He said they was AR500 anyways. They'll stop pistol ammo tho fine. But my 556 ran right thru them. So I don't shoot these with rifles no more lol. But these smaller round steel targets I have I know are AR500 as I bought them from Academy. And they do stop rifle rounds, but they're alot thicker also. So yeah most metal people hide behind won't help them much like cars, unless they get behind a rim or the motor
    e970ac1bfd1730393e998710737cfcea.jpg
    ff9dab3e75e599a31ce0ccbaf8fc4f3b.jpg
    ef84ece7e418323de2f9a951cf06edde.jpg

Something about speed and heat turns the steel into a liquid. Somebody smarter than me, jump in.

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom