• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hipower

Marksman
    Okay folks,

This coming Sunday is the classifier. January 17, 2016. The Saturday match, the 23rd will be a pistol match with rifle side match for those who got to see the last one but weren't ready to participate. Then in February, on the Saturday match, we'll have the second classifier.

Hipower

Marksman
    I am trying to set up preregistration for the match, but Practiscore is currently on a "Scheduled Downtime" and is not available. Hopefully will be able to create the preregistration page and let you know on the forum of its availability.

Dan1612

Master
    Likely won't make Sunday, but I won't miss the Saturday rifle match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcolagunner

Master
    I am classified in SSP but want to classify also in CCP this time. I could do one on Sunday and the other on the following Saturday but would like to shoot both in Sundays match so I have another classifier to try again if I flub it up. How is classifying in two Divisions usually handled?

Jeb21

Master
    I think it is hard to switch up guns in the match unless they are virtually identical in operation. Would you be shooting the same gun in both divisions?

Qoholeth

Marksman
    pcolagunner, shoot the Shield once declare both divisions score will count for both. Just tell MD at sign. One gun may be shot once for multiple divisions as long as it meets each divisions criteria. see IDPA rule 9.3 quoted here 9.3 One Classifier Score Applied To Multiple Divisions

9.3.1 The score attained by shooting the Classifier can be applied to other divisions where the equipment and ammunition used while shooting the Classifier meets the requirements of those other divisions. The shooter must notify the MD before the Classifier begins of the intent to apply a single score to multiple divisions and the MD must verify that the equipment and ammunition meet the requirements for multiple divisions.

9.3.2 Examples: SSP score also applied to ESP; CDP score shot with SSP compliant equipment and CDP legal ammunition also applied to SSP and ESP.

9.3.3 Classifications attained in this manner are applicable to six firearm awards.

barebones1

Marksman
    I too want to classify another gun. have been shooting the g4 g34 with magwell. to attach the magwell to the gen 4 had to make some mods to the lower grip and don't really want to mess with taking it off. with that said I want to put my big boy pants on and shoot. 1911/45acp. BUT I have a small small magwell spring housing combo. will that put me in the same class as the glock?

ps happy new year to everyone

pcfreddie

Shooter
    Hey guys and gals. I am attending Sundays match and I am a first time shooter. Question, since it has been changed to a classifier can I still shoot it? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Members online

Top Bottom