• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightmedic

Shooter
    Hey guys does anyone have any information about Destin Guns?

I have been in there three times within the past month and have yet to have even been acknowledged. I was in the market for a .38 special for my wife, but even after standing at the counter for several minutes on the past two occasions no one seemed intrested. The first trip was like everyone else in this part of the world looking for .22 LR ammo. The last two times there were other customers in the shop and I understand that, but when you have employees behind the counter without customers and still get no acknowledgement I will take my money elsewhere. I unfortunately had the same type of treatment at the Gun Show this weekend. Although I didn't speak of it, my father-in-law was with me and once not getting acknowledged without any customers there he laid down the gun he wanted and moved to another dealer and purchased it.

I am in no way wanting to bash them on the forum, so please feel free to PM me if you see fit. I just want to see if I had the one bad experience, because I will go back if this seems out of the ordinary.

I am obviously a flight paramedic hence the name, so I know that in customer service its not always how good of a job you do that matters; Most times its how you treat your customers that matters (perception). I guess that I am just disappointed that my family has purchased three guns in the past week from an out of area dealer, when Destin Guns market having the best prices guaranteed on new firearms but I have experienced bad customer service.

Hunkyfish

Master
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    Your experience is about the norm for them,,, & unfortunately it has only gotten worse.
    Talk to Aaron at 2nd Amendment in Niceville or to Danny at Copeland's in Freeport, you will get service, I promise

sureicanfish

Expert
    Sounds about like going to academy. I waited for 10 minutes for someone to come open the scope case so I could buy a sweet nikon, guy finally shows up with some keys and some other customer (had been waiting as long as me and knew what I was waiting on) asks the guy for help and he disappears with that guy, wtf?? I had to walk outside and chill for a bit. Customer service is dead most places I go.

flightmedic

Shooter
    Your experience is about the norm for them,,, & unfortunately it has only gotten worse.
    Talk to Aaron at 2nd Amendment in Niceville or to Danny at Copeland's in Freeport, you will get service, I promise

Awesome. Thanks I haven't been to 2nd Ammendment yet and I live in Niceville. Though I must say I am somewhat spoiled because my dad is a Gunsmith and I have mostly ordered what I like thru him. However now I live 2 hours away and he is in Alabama so handgun transfers have to come thru a Florida dealer anyhow. But it all comes back to customer service. My Dad will order what ever someone wants but doesnt stock "new" guns.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Contact Aaron(2ndAmendment), he can get you anything you want w/in reason at a fair price and is a great guy. Destin guns is high and the employees I have met are less than friendly.

flightmedic

Shooter
    I honestly bought three handguns from The Outpost in Marianna, FL in the past week. Absolutely nice guys and very negotiable. However I would love to keep my $$$ in the community.

1911Junky

Master
    I had the same experience. The employee behind the counter just sat there talking to a customer for about 15-20 minutes about all of the BS weapons ban stuff all the while I just stood there and never once asked me if I needed anything. I had cash and wanted to buy one of the glocks he had in stock....took my money to Aaaron at 2nd Amendment and gave it to him. Great guy, great service and great prices.

poff09

Marksman
    My rant...ill try to keep it short...but I (like someone else said) cant get good (or any) service anywhere anymore...my jobs are mainly customer service/sales oriented and I realize that people DONT have to buy from me...so y would u treat people like they r beneath u...as corny as this sounds I TRY to treat customers as if they were my parents...yes everyone has bad days but the customer should not b able to tell u r n a bad mood...most the customers I deal with make a good bit more money than I do so NO ONE is beneath me when I am working...ive started doing almost all my shoppin online just so I dont have to deal w bad service...pointless rant over

flightmedic

Shooter
    Contact Aaron(2ndAmendment), he can get you anything you want w/in reason at a fair price and is a great guy. Destin guns is high and the employees I have met are less than friendly.

Thanks for all your thoughts guys, keep them coming. I appreciate it

flightmedic

Shooter
    I had the same experience. The employee behind the counter just sat there talking to a customer for about 15-20 minutes about all of the BS weapons ban stuff all the while I just stood there and never once asked me if I needed anything. I had cash and wanted to buy one of the glocks he had in stock....took my money to Aaaron at 2nd Amendment and gave it to him. Great guy, great service and great prices.

My point exactly.

flightmedic

Shooter
    My rant...ill try to keep it short...but I (like someone else said) cant get good (or any) service anywhere anymore...my jobs are mainly customer service/sales oriented and I realize that people DONT have to buy from me...so y would u treat people like they r beneath u...as corny as this sounds I TRY to treat customers as if they were my parents...yes everyone has bad days but the customer should not b able to tell u r n a bad mood...most the customers I deal with make a good bit more money than I do so NO ONE is beneath me when I am working...ive started doing almost all my shoppin online just so I dont have to deal w bad service...pointless rant over

Nothing pointless about it. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't the only one here.

Srobert910

Shooter
    I've always had a good experience dealing with Destin guns. I've bought 4 firearms from them and even had them do a few transfers from gunbroker.com. Maybe something has changed lately but they have always been helpful to me. The guys from 2nd amendment seemed really nice from the gunshow this past weekend also. I've always had good experiences with the local gun stores. Bass Pro in Destin could surely take a few notes.

Welldoya

Master
    If I walk into a shop and don't at least get a "How are you doing ? We'll be with you in a minute", they won't get a second chance. I won't go back.
    I've done business with The Outpost at the gunshows and they had great prices and were friendly. In fact, if I happen to be going by Marianna on I-10, I stop by to see what they have.
    Haven't been in the 2nd Amendment shop but I like what I see of them on the forum.

Drauka99

Marksman
    Just an FYI since a few people mentioned Outpost...he is a nice guy...there is a second Outpost in Do than...was owned by the same guy in Marianna but he sold it...so they are not affiliated even though the same name....talked to him about it and he gets a bad rap from people who have visited the Dothan Outpost....so what I am saying is Marianna Outpost is good to go....Do than Outpost...not good reviews

M.O.A.

Master
    +1 for spending money with the small local shops. I never buy from the big stores. It's a great experience when your ffl dealer knows your first n last name and will get you what you want for a good price. I haven't bought anything from 2A yet but plan to in the very near future. Little Jack has a good name also. He found a pair of Glocks for my brother in the middle of this madness for an awesome price and hand delivered them. Get that service at academy if you can.. :)

flightmedic

Shooter
    Thanks for all of the input guys. I will certainly be visiting 2A when I work off this hitch to at least put a face with a name. I have also heard great reviews on Little Jack and plan to look them up also.

roost3r

Shooter
    Up the hill from a whole lotta water (Scenic)
    Same experience at Destin Guns until I spent some money there. Ive been in about 5 times and my experiences really are no different. A higher than thou attitude. So I took my business right down the street to Grays Tactical and those guys rock!

I have the exact same issue with Jays in Pensacola. What happened to customer service? Im there to spend to money and yet they act like I am bothering them.

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    Thanks for all of the input guys. I will certainly be visiting 2A when I work off this hitch to at least put a face with a name. I have also heard great reviews on Little Jack and plan to look them up also.

Check out Ranger Firearms in Fort Walton Beach on Beal across from the YMCA, they have always treated me good and have kept prices fair. I've also had good experiences with Patriot Firearms in FWB and 2nd Amendment in Niceville.

I've steered clear of Destin Guns after heariing some of the prices they have been charging lately.

Top Bottom