• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Metal Storm

Expert
    Are they useful for self defense or were they a passing fad? Shot a new acquisition which came with a trigger mounted laser today at the ER range. Kind difficult to pick up outdoors. Seems you would need to sight it in on your most likely distance inside your house.

Mcnpeter

Expert
    If it has a flashing mode it's better outdoors. Green is better i think. Can be used as a range finder, drop comp as well at further distances.
    Dont think he was referring to something like PEQ15. Think he was referring to a handgun mounted laser for target acquisition.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I dont recommend it. unless you have a preset distance you KNOW you're going to be shooting, its irrelevant. Just get a red dot.
    This right here... lazers are no longer an advantage. A quality red dot on a pistol is way better.

IronBeard

Master
    I have a green laser mounted on the under-barrel rail of my EDC. I choose green because it has proven to me to be the most visible in varying light conditions, and on multiple platforms. This is not my primary means of sighting. The only reason it is mounted, and will be turned on, is that 1% instance where I cannot acheive a proper firing position/sight picture, but need to significantly influence transpiring events.

Top Bottom