• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAS HUGH!

Master
    I dunno. I'd be scared I would distract them and cause them to worry. This is why they don't like people talking or texting on thier phones during a stop. People have called for help and they come and interfere. I think most cops now wait till backup arrives before they even make contact, or even pull you over nowdays if they feel there's a reason to worry about thier safety. If I felt for some reason they may need to be helped or watched I'd make sure to do it from a really good distance away. I'd feel bad if one was worrying about watching me and it allowed the suspect to pull a gun because he was distracted etc. I get it tho. You just want to help, which is good. Just keep that in mind tho

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I actually stopped and gave an assist to a Maine state trooper years ago. He was hands on with bubba and had deployed oc. He'd gotten a face full too and couldn't see to lock cuffs up. I pulled over and from about 25ft away asked "Do you need assistance?". He replied "Hell yes I do!". Soon as backup showed, he thanked me and didn't even want a statement from me.

WRM

Master
    I had a gun pulled on me by a SR deputy on Stewart St while he was in his private vehicle and in uniform. He nearly hit me coming North off 90 while driving erratically and at high speed (including into the turn lane to pass traffic). Next light I caught him at, I got out of my vehicle and approached. He had super dark tint on his windows, and I couldn't see anything until I'm even with his driver side. He's got his pistol out at his chest level and pointed at me. He was a fatty, but sounded like a little girl when he squeaked "get back".

Does this count?

WRM

Master
    I don't go proactive adversarial mode ever.

Results are almost always bad.

If you're addressing my post, I had no idea who was at the wheel until I was at the vehicle window. Deputy clearly was not on duty, and I was not armed. So, he committed a felony, in my book, by having a gun out and pointed at me. Big puss.

WRM

Master
    My Point.

Guess, I missed it, and still do.

Bottom line--it's their chosen job, not mine. I'm not assisting them with anything. I've never been able to obtain any real assistance from LEO when I needed it, so why would I risk myself to help them do their job?

Perhaps "in the moment", I might feel differently. But, mark me down as a "no" on this quiz.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I keep an eye out - But I don't go out of my way to hang around pumps when they are getting gas or anything like that. :)

Top Bottom