Less than 60 days to a major election and no panic buying. I'm Surprised!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlonzoHarris

Shooter
    The topic was originally about the fact that right now, with a major election happening less than 60 days from now. The typical panic buying isn't happening as has happened in 2008, 2012, 2016, and 2020.

I'm curious as to why. Both economically and politically.

Is the market tapped out? Because as I previously said, FFLs aren't having a good time right now. Distributors are drowning in product. Manufacturers are extending rebates and sales in an attempt to move product.

Is it solely economic?
    Economically I think people are tapped out and saving money for other things (if they have excess funds). Or they don't have money for firearms.

Also, consider the fact that from Sandy Hook onwards, it has been panic buy / gun craze, panic buy / gun craze, x3-4 times more when you include the Rona and the like. With essentially zero new legislation.

So in addition I believe most gun people who have been in it since say oh 2010 have what they want. I've panic bought primers and powder in 2016 when I had no more room for ammo, I have boxes of 30rd mags, enough for my kids and my kids kids. I have lowers, uppers, parts, pieces, you name it.

I would love to panic buy something right now, but without really going off the reservation and buying something I have no earthly use for... there is nothing left to buy. Sure, you can always buy ammo (now I essentially only buy to replace yearly expenditures), but even then.

Granted if Kackaling K "wins", I'm sure we'll see another wave of Evil Black Rifle buying... maybe magazines too... but heck, if anyone hasn't bought it in the last 4-12 years, I don't know what to tell you.

Sure, there will always be the young'ins who couldn't buy back when, but everyone else...? They either can't buy it ($$$$) or don't feel the need to buy it (got plenty).

JMO.

jettjon

Expert
    Economically I think people are tapped out and saving money for other things (if they have excess funds). Or they don't have money for firearms.

Also, consider the fact that from Sandy Hook onwards, it has been panic buy / gun craze, panic buy / gun craze, x3-4 times more when you include the Rona and the like. With essentially zero new legislation.

So in addition I believe most gun people who have been in it since say oh 2010 have what they want. I've panic bought primers and powder in 2016 when I had no more room for ammo, I have boxes of 30rd mags, enough for my kids and my kids kids. I have lowers, uppers, parts, pieces, you name it.

I would love to panic buy something right now, but without really going off the reservation and buying something I have no earthly use for... there is nothing left to buy. Sure, you can always buy ammo (now I essentially only buy to replace yearly expenditures), but even then.

Granted if Kackaling K "wins", I'm sure we'll see another wave of Evil Black Rifle buying... maybe magazines too... but heck, if anyone hasn't bought it in the last 4-12 years, I don't know what to tell you.

Sure, there will always be the young'ins who couldn't buy back when, but everyone else...? They either can't buy it ($$$$) or don't feel the need to buy it (got plenty).

JMO.
    Here's an idea, if you are set at this point, shift to buying non-perishable food and then when they get ready to expire, donate them to the area food pantries.

Top Bottom