Liberty gun safes giving out master codes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    A question , I have is the access code generic for a certain group of locks ? Or is it specifically for one lock? I fear that the code is for a large group of locks within a serial number range . For example each access code will open a hundred or more different locks. If that’s the case then it’s likely that liberty has given them the code to lots of peoples safes , people who had zero involvement in the original search warrant.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    usually specific. They can be ordered without one and you could use the same number for a series if need be, say a convenience store chain, so you only have to use 1 for any/all of them in that area. They can also be ordered with its own code and probably the way they do it....less steps they have to do. I don't keep records, but if there was a pattern from 1 manufacture, I would like to think that I would have caught it by now. The older ones had a paper label across the back with it on the label and the newer ones come in a plastic envelope separate from the lock in the same box.

Reactions: FLT

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    once again...the number Liberty gave them resets the lock back to the factory defaults, it doesn't open the lock. The factory code opens the lock.

M60Gunner

Master
    So if the owner didn’t change the code the safe can be opened by whomever is provided the codes, correct? Just making sure I am following you. Appreciate the details you have provided. I’m talking to a colleague who owns one. Wish I could afford the big amerisafe, it’s awesome. Been very happy with my old SG dial lock.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    if it is an elock the lock body will need to be replaced the keypad could remain. The replacement can either have a preset MRC code or one that is empty if it is an S&G. That would be the only way to make sure they don't have the MRC. You could file your new one or just not have one.

If it is a mechanical lock all you would have to do is change the combination to one of your choosing...nothing else needed on those.

AMSEC stores MRC codes too

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Still not gonna deal with narcs...

FLT

Master
    I wouldn’t get rid of one if I already owned it, but I’d certainly not ever buy another one , nor recommend any liberty product to anyone. I just bought a mechanical lock to replace an electronic one , but I didn’t buy it from liberty. I’m done with them .

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I think the John Deere I have is made by them. They don't have the MRC for that eLock though.

Reactions: FLT

IronBeard

Master
    It's encouraging to see some won't fund this BS. Good for those that'll still do what they say.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom