• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midway

Shooter
    going to put my pistol away,what might be your thoughts on long term storeage.
    colt with blued receiver and nickel frame

midway

robert49r

Shooter
    Store it in my gun safe. Ill clean it and every once in awhile make sure it still functions then clean it again. Haha.... I would lube it up and put it in a sealed bag.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    http://www.amazon.com/Shomer-Tec-St...id=1375023727&sr=8-7&keywords=gun+storage+bag
    http://www.amazon.com/ZCORR-Anti-Co...id=1375020413&sr=8-3&keywords=gun+storage+bag
    Bags of this type emit a chemical that prevents corrosion....protecting it for 20 years.
    I like shooting my guns too much to store them too long...but I have stored some parts in bag that came with some of my new guns.....usually have a green tint to them...and labeled with a warning about disposal.
    I would think that the vacuum bag trick would be good for a few years...but be careful what kind of desiccant you use...and don't let it come into direct contact with the firearm. Silicone dessicant packs are the only ones I trust...others can be corrosive....or gather moisture on its surface.
    Just A good coating of gun oil will protect the metal for a long time.
    Any subterranean storage...or "wet storage" area ....would require a VERY STURDY/WATERPROOF container purged with nitrogen or argon.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom