• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    I was in Sam’s club yesterday and I’ve never seen it that crowded outside of Christmas.
    There were no carts inside the door or in the cart corrals outside.
    People were following people to their cars to get their carts.
    Everybody had a big pack of TP & PT in their carts. Some had flatbed carts stacked with them.
    I bought my daughter and mother-in-law a big pack of TP. I learned my lesson during Covid and stay pretty well stocked.
    Channel 3 ran a story telling everyone not to panic which, of course, leads to panic.
    Biden could do something but he wants that union vote.
    If Buttgig was doing his job, it would have never come to this.
    I wouldn’t be so smug if I were the union boss. They’ve never found Jimmy Hoffa.

Viking1204

Master
    I went to Sam's and Walmart and picked up a few things too, it was like you said as busy as I've seen it outside of Christmas time. Picked up TP and PT even though we didn't need it, now we're good for a few months including taking some to the hunting lease this time of year! Also grabbed some meats other than deer meat which we have from Walmart, Sam's freezers in FWB were down so they didn't have a lot of food items I wanted to grab, will check back Friday morning.

RackinRay

Master
    Bride went shopping. Looks like we're gonna be eating rice, beans, powdered milk, cornbread for months. At least we have deer meat and more soon.
    Heard many say that cooked right racoon is fine eating. Like pork, no chicken taste.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    >imagine not having a surplus of canned goods, rice and water and enough tp to cause an avalanche of tissue when you open the hall closet.

laughing_girls_eating_salad.jpg
    I know right, running out of secure climate controled storage space. Bought a bunch of the black and yellow totes to build a storage rack in the shed. 12. Used em up with pepper food stuffs. Got em quad stacked floor to ceiling. I'm sure my friends think I'm nutz, don't care. Still need a couple of cases of fireball. Also 15k .22.

FLT

Master
    I know right, running out of secure climate controled storage space. Bought a bunch of the black and yellow totes to build a storage rack in the shed. 12. Used em up with pepper food stuffs. Got em quad stacked floor to ceiling. I'm sure my friends think I'm nutz, don't care. Still need a couple of cases of fireball. Also 15k .22.

I’m stocked up pretty good RR, I really don’t give a poop what the un prepared folks think. Those of us that don’t gamble with our wellbeing should probably keep in contact with each other. We might need to barter with each other if it gets bad for a long enough time. Ammo and food will likely be worth far more than money at some point in the future if things don’t turn around, soon.

Ammo and food will likely be worth far more than money at some point in the future if things don’t turn around, soon.
    DING! DING! DING!

We're going to have to regress to tribal levels of society to keep like minded individuals alive. I have everything to survive in the panhandle except land and more like minded people. I have weapons, ammo, tactics and the experience of years of urban combat.

Southalabama

Master
    Fox just said desantis is calling up the national guard to work as longshoremen. The volume was down. I didn't catch the details.
    Interesting.

Not sure how effective that will be. Perhaps there are some skilled crane operators in the guard. I’d much rather see them helping clear hurricane debris.

Guess need to give him props for doing something.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Interesting.

Not sure how effective that will be. Perhaps there are some skilled crane operators in the guard. I’d much rather see them helping clear hurricane debris.

Guess need to give him props for doing something.
    Thus should get very interesting, line breakers... Scabs as they are called.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I’m stocked up pretty good RR, I really don’t give a poop what the un prepared folks think. Those of us that don’t gamble with our wellbeing should probably keep in contact with each other. We might need to barter with each other if it gets bad for a long enough time. Ammo and food will likely be worth far more than money at some point in the future if things don’t turn around, soon.
    Yep and if they show up, I'll feed em crow and rice. Lol.

Gold and silver always have value as well.
    Correct, but I think only during the opening shots of societal collapse, when the dollar will be only useful for kindling.

3 months in? Food, medicine, weapons and ammo will keep you alive. Gold and silver will be useless trinkets until we rebuild. Then we can live like kings or warlords.

Southalabama

Master
    Thus should get very interesting, line breakers... Scabs as they are called.
    My late grandfather told me about a strike at a local lumber mill. Some men swam the creek to go to work. Those workers were ostracized along with their family and the stigma carried with them. In a small town the scorn of your neighbors can be a powerful thing.

Top Bottom