• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    There has to be a start somewhere.. Maybe NOT now.. BUT he is planting a seed Most of us want. Imo. the atf is an illegal organization... Its rules are illegal. I obey as My Pop taught me a LONG TIME AGO.. " WHERE DOES A 5,000 LB GORILLA SIT ? anywhere it wants. Right or wrong. I ABIDE BY ALL LAWS and engage is a legal,peaceful INFORMATION WAR AGAINST WHAT I BELIEVE IS WRONG. The atf is wrong.
    I’m envious of how positive you are on this subject. You still have hope. Unfortunately I can’t see past the gummit being the 5000 pound gorilla and they are sitting on top of the law abiding citizens.

Steelwaver

Shooter
    They must create a budget, but the senate Republicans screwed us by voting to approve the enormous Democratic budget.
    They can either attach it to the debt ceiling or postpone it until the following year.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Tbh I think things like this are our best hope. If the left taught us anything, it's that we can pick and choose laws to follow as we please as states. Let's get the word to our governors to do the same around here folks. Arkansas just did it. Sounds like the best plan for the time being...

IronBeard

Master
    I assume some people here must still believe in the Tooth Fairy and Santa Clause, plus the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow with the Leprechaun!!!!
    Wait. What do you mean still believe? What do you know?! :oops:

IronBeard

Master
    How about THIS (I've been trying to get a response from someone... anyone... but since my comments elsewhere are usually shadowbanned, I'll try it here... )

THE FIRST (or SECOND) AMENDMENT IS NOT ABSOLUTE.

How many times have you heard that? And the example most often given is that you can't yell "FIRE!" in a crowded theater if there is no fire.

SO: Did they BAN the word FIRE? TAX it maybe? NO. Because if there IS a fire in a crowded theater, yelling "FIRE!" can SAVE lives! Thus the WORD is not banned OR taxed, but what you DO with the word CAN rightly be criminalized.

NOW, extrapolate to the Second Amendment, which let's stipulate for the sake of argument is not "absolute". THUS, the Second Amendment doesn't convey the RIGHT to spray bullets in a crowded theater. This type of ACT is rightly criminalized, but will NEVER be prevented by prohibiting the Citizen their ability to SAVE lives by having the best tools (e.g., words and/or weapons) available to defend themselves and others.

In short, banning WORDS and/or WEAPONS is not a SOLUTION to ANYTHING, but in fact is a PROBLEM IN ITSELF.
    I'll offer this about the Second. 99.9% will assume "well regulated," means fraught with rules and regulations. Exactly what disarmament supporters want. It most certainly does not. At the time the Second Amendment was written, "well regulated" meant well trained and equipped. Considering, not only should your right to firearms not be infringed, neither should your ability/desire to be well trained and equipped. The level of infringement ought to be obvious by now.

RHINOWSO

Master
    All this talk of 'impeachment' and 'trials' and 'resignations' must have forgotten all the 'trust the plan' crap and the "1000 sealed indictments that Sessions has ready to go..."...

All which are as real as the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy.

IronBeard

Master
    Tbh I think things like this are our best hope. If the left taught us anything, it's that we can pick and choose laws to follow as we please as states. Let's get the word to our governors to do the same around here folks. Arkansas just did it. Sounds like the best plan for the time being...
    It's heartening to see things like this; states being States like they were supposed to. Would love to see Ron DeSantis do likewise, but I'm still waitin' on that Constitutional Carry he keeps promising. I know he might be wishing that would just go away for the sake of tourism, but at least own your words, and maybe say you think you promised what you can't deliver. We can all bitch about it, and probably still think you're a pretty good Governor.

DustyDog

Master
    I'll offer this about the Second. 99.9% will assume "well regulated," means fraught with rules and regulations. Exactly what disarmament supporters want. It most certainly does not. At the time the Second Amendment was written, "well regulated" meant well trained and equipped. Considering, not only should your right to firearms not be infringed, neither should your ability/desire to be well trained and equipped. The level of infringement ought to be obvious by now.
    I like to point out that Niagara Falls is "well regulated"... does that mean no water flows over them? A scuba-diver's air is "well regulated"... does that mean he can't have any air? NOPE. He gets all the air he wants : )

In my opinion, "well regulated" in that context means "a ready/steady supply" (or, similarly, "well trained and equipped"). It certainly can't mean "highly restricted", since the sentence concludes by saying the right of the people shall not be infringed! And people need to keep in mind that it speaks of the militia being "well regulated", anyway, NOT the "arms"!

IronBeard

Master
    I like to point out that Niagara Falls is "well regulated"... does that mean no water flows over them? A scuba-diver's air is "well regulated"... does that mean he can't have any air? NOPE. He gets all the air he wants : )

In my opinion, "well regulated" in that context means "a ready/steady supply" (or, similarly, "well trained and equipped"). It certainly can't mean "highly restricted", since the sentence concludes by saying the right of the people shall not be infringed! And people need to keep in mind that it speaks of the militia being "well regulated", anyway, NOT the "arms"!
    Shhh. We're not supposed to use the M-word...;) But, you are correct, the miliatia was/is citizens, not a standing army or paramilitary group.

Imagine the general public's reaction to a group of like-minded folks, armed with whatever they desired, going out to train together. HONEY! DIAL 9-1-1!!!! We sure are in different times...

Michael888

Expert
    It's heartening to see things like this; states being States like they were supposed to. Would love to see Ron DeSantis do likewise, but I'm still waitin' on that Constitutional Carry he keeps promising. I know he might be wishing that would just go away for the sake of tourism, but at least own your words, and maybe say you think you promised what you can't deliver. We can all bitch about it, and probably still think you're a pretty good Governor.
    I'd like to see DeSantis do the texas thing of making Florida built and used in Florida suppressors for SOUND REDUCTION,Hearing Protection,Stop sound pollution. .. Heard TX tried ,don't know if they succeeded...

seandizzie

Expert
    Why do people speak like the 2nd is about fire arms? It says arms, meaning all weapons. Not just guns.

Lets see this happen when something can actually be done. Senate and Executive aint passing this

Gaetz Voted for red flag laws.

Seems like a dog and pony show...

Southernlost

Expert
    I'd like to see DeSantis do the texas thing of making Florida built and used in Florida suppressors for SOUND REDUCTION,Hearing Protection,Stop sound pollution. .. Heard TX tried ,don't know if they succeeded...
    That never happened. I know because my other house is in texas

RHINOWSO

Master
    Dude..I'm No Rhino. Libertarian,Constitutional Republican. Hate Rhinos and Dems.. even the libertarian party lately
    Wasn't talking about you...

Abbott, Gaetz, etc, etc.

They are all just a notch or two above worthlessness.

They are better than the alternative, yes. But to think any of these guys is going to get rid of the BATFEEE, successfully impeach Biden / Harris, or make any transformative change... It's various forms of delusion IMO.

I'm glad Trump gave the establishment a kick in the nutz in 2016, but when you look at how little they did from 2016-2018 when they could have been ramming it down the lefts throats... well, you get the idea.... RINOs...

Top Bottom