• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Price: 250

Mike75

Shooter
    Just to answer a question, go fund me does take out 2.9%+ .30 which includes debit and credit charges per donation. So if you donate $250 (250×2.9=725{or $7.25} $7.25+.30=$7.55 ($250-$7.55=$242.45)
    Out of every $250 donation the family would receive $242.45.

Or you can look at it like 2.9% is pretty much equal to $3 out of every $100 (that would be 3%) and 3×2.5=7.5+.3=$7.80 so it would be just under $8 for those who don't need exact numbers.

The article I read didn't say anything about tips. So I have no idea where that figures in

My fiance and I have you in our hearts and minds. I wish I could help, butt in on a fixed income and child support has decided to take that. We wish you both all the strength and love you need to make it through this.

tji

Expert
    Thank you all so so much I feel thank you is inadequate as I sit here crying with my wife we love you all so much and just thank everyone for their prayers and support. We were just working out a system to communicate with Jack as he is increasingly unable to speak. We covered the nod and head shake and just established a one blink for no, two blinks for yes system. The doctors have told us hearing is usually the last to go after speech and sight.
    I can’t begin to imagine what you and your wife are going through. I got a bit choked up when I first started reading this thread, but when I clicked the Go Fund Me link and saw your boy’s picture, I lost it. I pray that God gives him comfort and that he gives your family peace.

I will donate $500 directly, and I have an additional offer for anyone who might be interested: I have a NIB/unfired Rossi 92 lever action in 45LC with a blued16 inch round barrel (I have the box, manual, etc). I took it on trade from a member last year and never shot it (it’s just been sitting in my safe). The cheapest I see the rifle online is $700. If someone will match my $500 donation (and can show proof they did so), I will give the rifle to them and throw in a box of factory ammo, too. That’s a really good deal for a really good cause.

God bless you and your boy.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom