• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Listen up, Marine, Mediacom is FUBAR, but so is everything else we have around here.

I currently have ATT because Mediacom so went to shit, and you couldn't talk to a competent/knowlegable human. ATT ain't much better...

Best service I ever had in this area was Cox. If I had a problem, I could talk to/chat with a human that knew WTF was up, and I was never left with an unresolved issue. If Cox becomes available in my area, I'll switch as soon as I find out.

Currently, the best word of mouth reviews I get are about TMobile wireless. I know a guy down on Garcon Point that says his entire family does the Internet, streaming, and online gaming with no issues.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Just for fun do a speed check on your wireless. If your above 30k you must be on their VIP list. Moving to the boonies soon. So Hughes net or t-mobile in our future...

@Ktchnking

Expert
    Cox pays their techs twice what mediacom does. Thus Cox has better techs. The mediacom guy is paid just enough to go to work the next day.

The field talent dried up a few years ago when the money for contracted techs dried up.

If you have decent cell service I'd recommend checking with a mobile provider. Verizon used to offer a 4G modem with and antenna that mounted to your eave.

If the service in your area isn't great, a directional antenna, amplifier, and broadcast antenna may be a fix. Good for rural folks.

Welldoya

Master
    I was paying $160 to Mediacom for internet, home phone and TV. A few months ago I opened my bill and it was $306.
    I went down to talk to them and they said to call their “customer retention number”.
    So I did and they told me my special rate period was up. I told them I would take their equipment back tomorrow. They said they could lower it to $285. I said “no thanks.”
    I took the equipment back and the clerk didn’t even ask why, just “put it over there”.
    They must be getting a lot of customers quitting them.
    So, I figured I would get AT&T for internet and phone and Direct TV. Direct TV was such a hassle with no customer service, I quit them the first day.
    I went to Walmart and bought a simple plastic box antenna for $30. I get 40 channels on the antenna but my wife has to have Hallmark and HGTV so I also got Philo for $25 per month. I do like Philo because I picked up H&I and INSP channels. Love watching the old westerns and war shows.
    So, I’m now paying around $115 per month and very happy.

Baddog 0302

Master
    AT&T DOES NOT come down Robinson Point Rd. AKA where the Old Nichole's sea food was before Ivan. So that should end that.
    COX, didn't bribe the right people to operate in the Milton area.
    LISTEN UP Iron Beard,
    1. I live in a "dead area" because sometimes I see my neighbor walking with his cell held up in the air looking for bars, a funny sight, But I'll see what T mobile says, I'm sure the 20 something sales person well yes, no problem. I'll ask him if he's ever though about being a female because if he's just feeding me the sales BS, and it dosen't work, I can help him the plumbing problem
    2. AT LEAST, I put my location in my onscreen profile

TK5o

Master
    Had hughsnet which sucked. Got starlink over a year ago. No issues. Great signal. As long as we have power we have service. Never lose it during storms

fv22

Master
    From what you said about your neighbor holding his phone up you probably don't have a good 5G service but you should check anyway. Use this link to see if Tmobile has 5g home internet in your area:
    If so for $50 monthly you get high speed, I've never seen less than 300 mb service, sometimes over 600mb and enough bandwidth for most homes I can imagine. I've done an online racing game while my wife is streaming a movie and using her tablet with no slow down. Verizon also offers a 5g based system but I have not used or priced it.

Top Bottom