• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Medic

Marksman
    There's a cool CB 350 or 500 for sale at Fluid Surf Shop in FWB. It has a side mounted surf board rack.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Bought this bad boy new back in 06. Was governed at 185 but being young and dumb I figured it needed to go faster. Dropped in a ful system, power commander and TRE and she was pushing 196mph. Had a lot of good memories on that bike. Spent 14 days riding the Dragon/Cherohala was one of the best times of my life. Sold it when I lived in Navarre in 2010. 4 years and 24k miles later I realized there were too many asshole drivers in FL. Actually sold it to some kid in Navarre I wonder if it's still around. I miss her sometimes but I will get another someday. A nice cruiser this time..

IMAG0101.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0101.jpg
      IMAG0101.jpg
      280.3 KB · Views: 363
    Last edited:

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Sweet! Last dirt bike I had was a Kawasaki KX400 circa 1985. I was telling Jogan that it had the worst power curve of any bike I've ever ridden. I changed ratios 5 times and just couldn't tame it.

Yea, they had a very narrow power band. I had a street legal KDX200 in the mid 90's. It was a fun bike, but could be a PITA finding the right gear for what you were doing, always seemed to be one gear too high or too low.

BananaTom

Shooter
    1983 V65 Magna 1100 CC, Shaft Driven, 5 speed plus overdrive, water cooled.

Just turn 30 years old, and put my antique plate on her.

Ghost riding.jpg

Attachments

• Ghost riding.jpg
      Ghost riding.jpg
      78.9 KB · Views: 310

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    I'm in my 5th childhood right now. I got out of bikes in the early 80s when I met the babe. When she and I got married she conscented to me getting a dirt bike. I went through about 5 before I got an 87 CR 500. The power was phenomenal. I hit a jump wrong at about 40 mph and went over the bars and landed in a tree. Seperated the other shoulder.. (matched pair now) and I realized that with a 2 year old, I didn't need any more injuries. The 2 year old grew up and at 16, he bought a yz 125 from one of his friends and I got another honda..XR 250. I rode with Wayne Briske and became a member of "Team Mossyhead" for several years.
    I sold the last dirt bike, 07 WR 250 about 2 years ago after I lost interest. 53 is a bit old to be playing with kids toys.
    About 3 months ago, one of my son's bosses father inlaw passed on and we bought his GL-1100 for a song and now I'm playing with it and a 01 Heritage Softail I
    just got in August. All totaled, I've had over 45 motorcycles and I loved every one of them.
    Riding on the road was dangerous 35 years ago the first time I went to the hospital cause of one... and not a damn thing has changed.

dirtysouth

Marksman

Still working on it, '05 Big Dog Ridgeback, 117CI S&S w/Baker 6 speed. Tore down about 5 yrs. ago.

Seanpcola

Still working on it, '05 Big Dog Ridgeback, 117CI S&S w/Baker 6 speed. Tore down about 5 yrs. ago.

I love that thing! Probably need to leave the kickstand off. Just adds weight and drag, not needed. That thing will stand up straight by itself with that back tire.:hail:

dirtysouth

Marksman
    I love that thing! Probably need to leave the kickstand off. Just adds weight and drag, not needed. That thing will stand up straight by itself with that back tire.:hail:

Thanks! I still have to make rear fender and seat, should be a fun cruiser.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Got back into them after 20 years when my son showed an interest. I forgot how fun they were.

Bikes.jpg

Attachments

• Bikes.jpg
      Bikes.jpg
      333 KB · Views: 192

Dan1612

Master
    This is the only pic I have of my old Duck before putting all kinds of unnecessary go faster crap. My roommate from the academy is on the left with his Monster.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416074884.390271.jpgJust glad I survived myself.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416074884.390271.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416074884.390271.jpg
      78.4 KB · Views: 140
    Last edited:

Brandon_SPC

Master
    I have always wanted a motorcycle but with all the drivers and how they don't care I am just going to save that money and buy more firearms :) Nice bikes!!!

m4a1sof

Expert
    Digging the Blackbird. What year?

Not a Blackbird, it's a 2002 VFR 800. My son's on a 2004 CBR600F4i. I'm pushing 60 with a vengeance so the CBR's more radical sport layout is not very comfortable for me. But the VFR isn't bad at all. I put helibars on it to raise the handlebars a little and more to the rear and lowered the foot pegs slightly, I can go for hours on it without any problem, and it's great on the twisties, I can keep up with my son easy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom