Expert
    Item Location
    Pensacola
    Price
    200-1000
    From bottom:
    Iver Johnson target sealed 8 22lr $200obo
    Matching pair (except grips) Ruger New Vaquero
    357mag Custom work by famous Buckshot John Revolver gum smith from Ohio I have 2500 in the pair will sell $1000 piece or both for 1800
    Top is a mystery Russian revolver I got from my uncle who immigrated from Russia it’s very old and engraved it’s definitely one of a kind $800 OBO
    all guns shoot great and hit whatever I aim them at offers and trades are welcome thanks and God Bless

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      298.3 KB · Views: 308
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      310.3 KB · Views: 308
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      330.3 KB · Views: 258
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      248.1 KB · Views: 245
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      289.2 KB · Views: 283

Snake-Eyes

Master
    For the “mystery Russian” revolver, it looks a lot like a Nagant M1895 revolver.
    7.62x38R would be the likely chambering, if so.

The gate on the right side should allow you to check that the cylinder is clear. When you pull the hammer back to fully cock the gun, does the cylinder “scoot forward” towards the barrel at the end of that pull?

Did your uncle ever shoot it?

Godandcountry

Expert
    For the “mystery Russian” revolver, it looks a lot like a Nagant M1895 revolver.
    7.62x38R would be the likely chambering, if so.

The gate on the right side should allow you to check that the cylinder is clear. When you pull the hammer back to fully cock the gun, does the cylinder “scoot forward” towards the barrel at the end of that pull?

Did your uncle ever shoot it?
    Yes we shot it I have ammo for it with Russian writing on it, it shoots really accurately when you cock the hammer back first, it definitely is a nagant as soon as I read your post I remember thanks so much for the info, I know this was from the war and it’s engraved because my uncle or maybe his dad was a big shot ? I’m not sure

scotchtapeman

Expert
    Yes we shot it I have ammo for it with Russian writing on it, it shoots really accurately when you cock the hammer back first, it definitely is a nagant as soon as I read your post I remember thanks so much for the info, I know this was from the war and it’s engraved because my uncle or maybe his dad was a big shot ? I’m not sure

Looks like it says 1902, which is in line with the serial number date range.

They were cheap for years, so it wasn't rare for them to be used as practice for engraving. Yours is an earlier one, but it looks like that could have been the case here. Anyway, good luck with the sale

Godandcountry

Expert
    Looks like it says 1902, which is in line with the serial number date range.

They were cheap for years, so it wasn't rare for them to be used as practice for engraving. Yours is an earlier one, but it looks like that could have been the case here. Anyway, good luck with the sale
    Well I’m not sure of any of you conjectures about the engraving, I do know that who ever did it it was done a long time ago as it’s been engraved since I was a child, either way it’s a great gun it shoots like a laser with the Russian yellow box ammo, I’m only considering selling this family heirloom, because of the trying economic situation, I would consider a trade for a more modern and available carry revolver (j or k frame s&w)

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom