• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    That grendel will be a fine shooter, if I reloaded I would have one.

SAWMAN

Master
    jp, I have a mega billet with the side charge and it is the cats meow. When you get it I can give you several extremely small "O" rings and tell you where to get some more for that charging handle/brass deflector that will loosen after every shot. A super quick and easy fix. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Thanks, have plenty and 4 25's coming. I only use the 10's and 5's for hunting, just trying to be prepared. The Stoners are made by ASC with the C Product factory equipment and work well if you do not reload.

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    jp, I have a mega billet with the side charge and it is the cats meow. When you get it I can give you several extremely small "O" rings and tell you where to get some more for that charging handle/brass deflector that will loosen after every shot. A super quick and easy fix. --- SAWMAN

Sawman, I have about 100 rounds through the gun the last two days and handle has not loosened up. That is what you are talking about isn't it. Just wanting to make sure so I can watch for it. This gun is super accurate. Glad I went with Bison.

Attachments

• P2082749.jpg
      P2082749.jpg
      119.8 KB · Views: 144
    • P2082748.jpg
      P2082748.jpg
      201 KB · Views: 140

SAWMAN

Master
    Yep,that is what I was talking about. I was leaving it hand tight for removal for cleaning and it would loosen up pretty quickly. The "fix" is some extremely small "O" rings from Reynold's Hardware. I have a bunch,lemme know if you need any.

Great looking gun but how'd it get so green ?? That handle actually acts as the brass deflector on my gun. --- SAWMAN

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    I tighten my handle slightly with a pair of pliers. The furniture on the lower, Hand-guard, and barrel came OD. The remaining parts I painted. This will used primarily as a hunting rifle. The hand-guard and barrel were cerakoted. Will probably cerakote rest soon. Thanks for the offer for the O-rings.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Sweet JP, Glad it finally got here!!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    So glad you like it!! What are you gonna use for ammo hunting?

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    Tested 95gr ttsx, 110 accubond, 120 sst, and 85gr. tsx today. All but the 85 were very accurate. The first three all shot sub moa. Would feel confident with either. Going to work up some hotter loads and see what happens. When deer season is over, will pull out Game Caller and try it out on coyotes. Really surprised me how tight the groupings were with the red dot. Might put scope on it for coyotes, but put Vortex back on for deer and hogs.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    That 95 TTSX seems to be a favorite on the 6.8 forum. For hogs I like the heavier bullets so have taken all my hogs with the 110TSX, now shooting the 120 SST...all factory loads. My Aimpoint was grouping real well too but I can see for yote you might need a scope.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    This would make some one a nice Valentines Day Present! $2550 for the package make an offer, Trades plus cash??

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Just got the new Vortex brake for my ARP barrel. The Vortex Comp was designed to be quiet enough to hunt with out hearing protection for most. It reduces muzzle rise apx 50% and recoil 30% . It does a great job at reducing flash. Can't wait to get it on and verify POI to start hunting with it and try to save what hearing I have left!.

Attachments

• Vortex.jpg
      Vortex.jpg
      4 KB · Views: 171

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    Just got the new Vortex brake for my ARP barrel. The Vortex Comp was designed to be quiet enough to hunt with out hearing protection for most. It reduces muzzle rise apx 50% and recoil 30% . It does a great job at reducing flash. Can't wait to get it on and verify POI to start hunting with it and try to save what hearing I have left!.

Let us know how it works Frank. If works as advertised, might try one.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I will because the MCD I have on now, since they did not have the Vortex ready when I was building, will deafen you!

1956_4x4

Expert
    Which Vortex did you get? I just installed a Vortex flash eliminator on one of mine today.

Smitty

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    The one from ARP was the one I posted, I know there is a Smith too but this was made for the ARP barrels and threading then melonite treated.

Drauka99

Marksman
    My 6.8 is supposed to ship tomorrow from Rock River Arms...I must say their customer service and billing department were very nice and helpful.

Top Bottom