• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Loc-Nar

Shooter
    I realize this gun is about about one step up from using a paper clip and a rubber band to shoot with, but I've had an issue with it that's been irking me and was seeking some advice from some more experienced shooters.

Whenever I rack the slide to chamber a round, about 40% of the time the lever from the trigger gets pushed to the side and catches right under the lip of slide. I can push it back in with my thumbnail which is the safer option as opposed to pulling the hell out of the trigger a few times with my thumb on the hammer to let it down. It makes for some really spotty shooting and makes me nervous as hell. After taking it apart I can notice that the groove the lever sits in has about a 1mm piece of metal that looks like it's bent back, possibly being the reason the lever gets pushed out when racking the slide. Sometimes it resets itself back into the groove and sometimes not. Has anyone had this happen, and is it possible to just file off the metal that is bent. I feel like it's not supposed to be the way, but it is an older, Italian made gun.

Hard to see cause the damn thing is so small but you can see the corner...

876efd22a981acf9134943625526de33.jpg

What it's supposed to look like properly seated in the groove...

5d366004a4bdd3397a068554fc9de0ba.jpg

And this is what it looks like when it pops out to the side...

079f279e0c96a30d8d924c141ee6119b.jpg

Thanks for the help, any insight would be greatly appreciated, and yes as soon as funds allow, it will be relocated to a shelf in favor of something more practical (I.e. Kick-ass).

flyandscuba

Master
    Go to www.gunpartscorp.com
    Select "F" for manufacturer
    Select FIE
    Select Titan E-27
    Look at the schematic
    Check out part number 11

I believe this is your part - the disconnector.

Unfortunately, it is sold out in both blue and chrome.

If your pistol happens to be the Titan II, part number 3 is available in both blue and chrome and is called the trigger assembly. The disconnector is included with the trigger for $28.30

I hope that helps!

Loc-Nar

Shooter
    Go to www.gunpartscorp.com
    Select "F" for manufacturer
    Select FIE
    Select Titan E-27
    Look at the schematic
    Check out part number 11

I believe this is your part - the disconnector.

Unfortunately, it is sold out in both blue and chrome.

If your pistol happens to be the Titan II, part number 3 is available in both blue and chrome and is called the trigger assembly. The disconnector is included with the trigger for $28.30

I hope that helps!

Wow, Thank you man. That's awesome. I'll look into it. Hopefully it'll be back in stock soon if that's the case. If all else fails, my Pop shares an afternoon scotch every now and again with Mr. Fleming who use to gunsmith out of Buck&Bass, so maybe he can work some magic on it.

wildrider666

Master
    I know nothing about the Titan. Observing pics b & c shows a big lateral difference in slide position in relation to the frame. I think this sloppy fit allows the slide to shift right when cycling causing the problem. Gun looks well worn. Put gun in vice. Cycle slide with pressure pushing slide LEFT (don't let it tilt left, more movement at top then bottom) . Is problem eliminated? If so you may be able to tighten the slide fit by crimping the slide in a vice ever so slowly in small increments until a better fit and function is achieved. NOTE: Some materials can be brittle and can crack.

Don't know your caliber but slides are avail on the net @ $50 +-. A new slide is only going to eliminate 50% of the wear problem. A used slide normally comes from a gun that was no longer serviceable, its a crap shoot. Consider the value of the gun if functional in its current physical condition and what it would cost to repair/replace parts. Sometimes its best to just retire the piece.

Good luck with your project.

HEIST

Master
    I look at problems like this and try to think of what could cause these issues. I try the cheapest, simplest stuff first. Is the left grip tight? Is the grip worn where this piece is popping out of line?

Loc-Nar

Shooter
    Thank y'all for all the advice. When it's broke down its hard to narrow it down to whether the trigger lever or the grip is the issue. When looking at the slide it does appear to fit rather loosely sometimes (noticeable gap on one side of the barrel) but it's not consistent. The only thing that I've noticed that causes the trigger lever to seat itself properly 100% of the time, is holding pressure with my thumb right at the top of the grip where the lever is visible. I feel either the lever itself is too worn, and appears slightly warped, or perhaps the grip itself is no longer holding the right amount of tension to keep the lever in place, even after tightening the hell out of the grip. It's got sentimental value, but I'm hoping soon to be able to purchase something way more reliable that is reasonable to carry. Thanks again for the help.

wildrider666

Master
    Be careful on grip screws so you don't strip them or crack the grip.

Based on what you say, you just need to "shim" the L grip so it holds the top of the disconnecter in alignment but not too tight that it binds the trigger. Hopefully, you only need a tighter "guide" to get alignment not hard pressure. With the grip on, you might be able to slide a feeler gauge in the gap and find the appropriate thickness you need. Alt. soda cans are made of thin metal, you can cut a strip and fold till you find the thickness you need. I recommend you make the shim from a teflon or plastic source (washer, spot tie?) to reduce friction. It is better to be slightly too thick then too thin, you can sand it down and fine tune it later. Use a good adhesive (not hot glue) to set it.

Some folks may opt for a small blob of epoxy and then sand that to fit.

HEIST

Master
    Go buy the thinest washer you can and tape it the the inside channel on the grip. If it works find a way to permanently glue or loctite it into place. What caliber is it?

Loc-Nar

Shooter
    Go buy the thinest washer you can and tape it the the inside channel on the grip. If it works find a way to permanently glue or loctite it into place. What caliber is it?

.25 ACP, I feel like a shim in the handle is going to be the right fix for it. I'm going to see what I can scrounge up around the garage to make it work.

MarkS

Master
    In the second pic it looks like a small burr catching on the slide I can't be sure if it's catching or not but work the slide while looking to see if it is a burr hitting the slide before you shim it. You might be able to file it down so it won't be caught by the slide. I'm no gunsmith just commenting on what I think could be causing the problem.

Loc-Nar

Shooter
    In the second pic it looks like a small burr catching on the slide I can't be sure if it's catching or not but work the slide while looking to see if it is a burr hitting the slide before you shim it. You might be able to file it down so it won't be caught by the slide. I'm no gunsmith just commenting on what I think could be causing the problem.

Yeah I had initially thought this was this issue. I was able to remove the burr no problem, and it showed no change. .

MarkS

Master
    Go buy the thinest washer you can and tape it the the inside channel on the grip. If it works find a way to permanently glue or loctite it into place. What caliber is it?[/QUOTE
    If there is not a burr then Heist idea is worth a shot before you start trying to find parts. Numrich has the chrome trigger assembly but good luck finding a used slide in better shape than the one you have

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufac...Pistols-36168/TitanE-27-34978.htm?results=All

Top Bottom