• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alientaz

Expert
    I love my Springfield XD9 SC with the 13 round clip. I did have to add the pinkie extension but the extra weight over the Glock makes it nice and accurate. I carry it IWB and have great luck with a dead eye Luke holster.

RIPpff

Banned
    its really a matter of, do you want a carry gun that is ONLY good for close range defense (small 380 ect.) or do you want a gun capable of being used in a service weapon offensive weapon

i always felt undergunned with a feeble lcp/crap-tac

but at the same time, its a pain in the ass comfortably carrying a glock while moving/jumping/running ect.

ugh if glock would just make a real single stack 9mm the game would be shutdown

Milesvdustin

Expert
    I took the ccw class at blackwater tactical range yesterday and shot a lot of different guns. It's amazing how lots of semi autos won't fire when pressed into something like a body, and them not fire when pulled back off without having to manually cycle the slide. A revolver seems much more practical, or a glock which fires with another trigger pull. I shot two different kahrs but I didn't like the fit in my hand. I am going to keep searching but a baby glock looks like it's on the horizon. I also really liked the smith and Wesson m&p shield 9mm.

Ken232

Marksman
    Thanks for the 30/36 reminder My bad...not really a Glock guy I like 1911's the come in 3 sizes basically, small,medium, large...pick caliber LOL

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    its really a matter of, do you want a carry gun that is ONLY good for close range defense (small 380 ect.) or do you want a gun capable of being used in a service weapon offensive weapon

i always felt undergunned with a feeble lcp/crap-tac

but at the same time, its a pain in the ass comfortably carrying a glock while moving/jumping/running ect.

ugh if glock would just make a real single stack 9mm the game would be shutdown

I really am comfortable with the glock as far as comfort and it staying stuck to my side.Alot of that resides in the holster too.I never have felt constrained the least once I got the right holster for mine.I really can do anything with it on,the only real issue is minimal printing in situations durring the summer where I must have my shirt tucked in,in those situations,out comes the back-up.

joe

Master
    There is an XDS 9mm coming out this years as well. Same size as the XDS 45 from my understanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rqsK78EzkY

After trying a few small 9mm & 380s that all seem to have some issues for me wether its an 8 lb trigger, picky about ammo, can't rack first round manually with consistency (Kahr) etc I am going back to the glock. I just shoot them better than other brands & they work. It will be nice to have one brand of pistol for consistency. I will keep my kahr p380 but still working on fully trusting it. Sometimes you need a pocket gun.

I have heard good things about the shield.

Last edited:

poff09

Marksman
    Jaxon...what kind of holster is that...how comfortable is it...and did u get it locally??

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    http://www.pantherconcealment.com/ they are a group of guys out of Jacksonville. The holster is extremely comfortable. I'd be more then happy to let you see it and try it on. These guys have awesome customer service and the holster is handmade and tested before it is sent not mass produced.

Members online

Top Bottom