New site selling AR-15 uppers, because we needed another one...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joebagodonuts

Shooter
    Moderators, we are looking for constructive feedback only and our site is not accepting orders or selling anything at this time. I apologize if this is not a good place for this and please move or delete if this is out of line. Appreciate it.

A friend and I had the idea to combine a parts search engine with the ability to order an upper from user-selected parts. We are in the beta phase and are looking for feedback and critique and would appreciate both. In the heavily saturated market of AR manufacturers and "custom AR builders" we are trying to provide something helpful with no fluff. Apogee Rifleworks

I can see our site being used in a few ways. The first would be a quick and dirty way to find "x" part in stock and at the lowest price. From our site, you follow the link and buy it direct from that supplier. Cool. (side note, Radian Raptors have the most consistent pricing across suppliers of any part we have tracked lol)
    Parts Finder

The second would be to catalog several of your build ideas and save them to "Build Lists". The price for each complete upper would be tracked in real time and if there was a sudden drop in price or change in availability, you might get an email or be able to see it in your account. This has been a programming nightmare, but we are getting close and if you tend to build more ARs than you should, this feature should be helpful with no cost to you. **Must create a free account to use this feature.

The third would be you want a specific upper and you want it built correctly and test-fired so you have an idea of accuracy potential and rudimentary velocities for three common rounds. Why not build it yourself? Well, if you have the tools and know-how then you most likely will and in that case, use the parts finder feature and rock and roll. This service is for those who want something built correctly and test-fired. You won't end up stuck with a barrel that just won't shoot or having to watch your "friend" bang on your brand new handguard with a hammer and Vice-grip because he doesn't have the right tools. Assembly and testing/velocities

Let me know what you think good, bad, or indifferent. Our goal is to provide a service that I wish had been available when I was building countless uppers for myself or helping a buddy compile all the parts they need for a build. Appreciate it and God bless.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Ok so... most of us that can/could select the parts to assemble an upper, would also be building it. Most people that buy complete uppers don't know how to properly build one or aren't interested in assembly. Seems a bit superfluous but I wish you luck on your endeavor.

joebagodonuts

Shooter
    Ok so... most of us that can/could select the parts to assemble an upper, would also be building it. Most people that buy complete uppers don't know how to properly build one or aren't interested in assembly. Seems a bit superfluous but I wish you luck on your endeavor.
    Thanks for the input @G-rat There a hundreds of thousands of people like you out there and I have been one of them for years. We are curious if the price tracking feature will be helpful for people or if most will continue to Google each part and find them that way. I think our assembly process is meant to appeal to the person who has had the PSA and Bear Creek builds and is beginning to realize that QC is a real thing. In addition, the AR market is shifting towards precision and people are demanding more out of their components. For the cost of a mid-tier BCG you get an upper to your spec, assembled properly, and then some data to get your started. Time will tell if the market finds that valuable.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Thanks for the input @G-rat There a hundreds of thousands of people like you out there and I have been one of them for years. We are curious if the price tracking feature will be helpful for people or if most will continue to Google each part and find them that way. I think our assembly process is meant to appeal to the person who has had the PSA and Bear Creek builds and is beginning to realize that QC is a real thing. In addition, the AR market is shifting towards precision and people are demanding more out of their components. For the cost of a mid-tier BCG you get an upper to your spec, assembled properly, and then some data to get your started. Time will tell if the market finds that valuable.
    As long as you're building with M4 feed ramps, dimple barrels for gas blocks, properly torque barrel nuts and offer better products than the "just as gud" manufacturers at reasonable prices, you're probably gonna do ok.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    So "pcpartpicker" but for ARs?

Depends on how it's built, but could be a cool idea.

joebagodonuts

Shooter
    So "pcpartpicker" but for ARs?

Depends on how it's built, but could be a cool idea.
    Exactly! There have been a few attempts like pcpartspicker.com or even ammoseek.com in the AR space, but they have all for the most part fizzled out or were not very useful. The site development has not been for the faint of heart, but focusing on higher quality parts with a proven track record is going to help us keep the interface clean and efficient. There are more and more sites beginning to offer some level of customization and we feel that is where the market is shifting. We won't offer a $199 upper, but that niche has already been filled.

Top Bottom