• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyandscuba

Master
    I just don't see how any juror can find beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman initiated the confrontation rather than Trayvon. The wounds Zimmerman suffered were documented -- and not self inflicted. The only injury Trayvon had was a single GSW to the chest. That tells me that Trayvon was causing physical injury to Zimmerman -- and Zimmerman fired a single shot only to stop the attack. If there is ANY reasonable doubt -- the only choice is NOT GUILTY.

If Zimmerman was the aggressor as alledged -- he would have confronted Trayvon with the firearm displayed. Travyon would have never been able to lay a hand on Zimmerman -- and Trayvon would have most likley had more than one GSW if a "vigilante" went gunning for him.

Zimmerman should have never been charged with a crime...

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Zimmerman should have never been charged with a crime...

and he wasn't charged until the race baiters joined the fray.
    It's all political. It has nothing to do with justice.

flyandscuba

Master
    Maybe the savages will riot, rape and pillage following a not guilty verdict -- then a few more thugs can be removed from the gene pool by law abiding folks protecting their families, businesses, and residences...

wildrider666

Master
    I make no judgement on the Z case as I don't have all the info just blobs from the press. That said, lets look a something as generic and not case specific.

Why does a person call 911? Because you have an emergency in progress or crime has occurred.

You relay the information and are given instructions. Stay on the line, PD, FD, EMS dispatched; start CPR, Do not go back into the burning house, stop chasing the hit and run car and so forth.

Regardless of what "legal authority" the 911 operator has or does not have: You called for help or to report. If you do not follow the direction of the Emergency operator and cause the situation to further deteriorate you fully assume responsibility. Continue your car chase and cause an accident or BG's fire at you "you could be criminally or civilly liable for a crash (you or BGs hit a school bus) or gunfire (BGs spray your car and your buddy in the passenger seat is and killed). Cause and effect= responsibility. 911 Operator's Have a play book they go by. Kid poised do this, baby's being born do this. Same with following a "suspect" do or don't do this. 911 Operators Advise and then the responsibility is yours. Good Samaritan Law also applies.

In relation to Z, his primary adversary or redeemer is Reasonable Man Theory as applied in Law and surely will be presented during trial.

Reasonable or Prudent man is a hypothetical person used as a legal standard especially to determine whether someone acted with negligence. This hypothetical person exercises average care, skill, and judgment in conduct that society requires of its members for the protection of their own and of others' interests. The conduct of the reasonable man serves as a comparative standard for determining liability. For example, the decision whether an accused is guilty of a given offense might involve the application of an objective test in which the conduct of the accused is compared to that of a reasonable person under similar circumstances.

Reasonable man is a term commonly used in tort and criminal law. The Laws of England place great weight on the Reasonable Man. This may be due to the fact that it is not possible to specify exactly what ought to be done in all circumstances, and therefore it is phrased in terms of what a reasonable man would in the circumstances do. This standard is used to judge the conduct of an ordinary person only. Usually persons with greater than average skills, or with special duties to society, are held to a higher standard of care. For example, a physician who aids a person in distress is held to a higher standard of care than is an ordinary person.

JohnnyRuger

Expert
    If a 17 year old black male shot a neighborhood watch guy, would the media be all over this case? No, it would just be a story in the middle of the newspaper or a mention on the local news. That should tell you all you need to know. It is all political. Look for MAIG to go after CCW, Castle, and Stand Your Ground as the trial develops. This 'trial' will also be used as a weapon against the NRA.

Scrooge

Marksman
    Excellent comments gentlemen! I hope Z is found innocent of any wrong doing and justified in using lawful self-defense.
    I also like the idea of a positive verdict for Z aiding in reducing the thug gene pool - if things go crazy as expected by the pro TM racists out there....
    Sadly John is correct - justice doesn't seem to be a concern; it's all about PC and using race to further the agenda.
    As already stated, if both were the same race or Z was black and M white there would be no issue.
    How the hell have we gotten to this point in society??? I guess we know but it sure is a damned shame!

JohnnyRuger

Expert
    The whole Paula Deen thing is the media giving the public a big old shot of 'White Guilt', I guess Obama's poll numbers must be down. Her biggest mistake was making that video apologizing. She should have just told the media to F off and then it would not have turned in the circus that it is.

Seanpcola

The whole Paula Deen thing is the media giving the public a big old shot of 'White Guilt', I guess Obama's poll numbers must be down. Her biggest mistake was making that video apologizing. She should have just told the media to F off and then it would not have turned in the circus that it is.

On target here.^^ I'm more tired of white apologists than I am of race baiters.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    ain't that the truth

I have not done anything to apologize for and damn sure am not responsible for my ancestors.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    The whole thing is stoopid...Look at how obama and his entire administration lies to the American people, but Paula tells the truth and gets fired...think things are a bit screwed up in this country??

Seanpcola

The whole thing is stoopid...Look at how obama and his entire administration lies to the American people, but Paula tells the truth and gets fired...think things are a bit screwed up in this country??

The topsy turvy world of modern Progressivism.

Snow Bird

Master
    Someone help me out here. Why are there only 6 people on the jury instesd of 12.

flyandscuba

Master
    Another day -- another group of "prosecution" witnesses corroborating the self defense case... The case should have NEVER been made, and was done so ONLY because of race-baiting and liberal media. GZ will be found not guilty. I say let the rioting and burning begin -- and let the consequences follow. Time to say enough is enough.

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    ain't that the truth

I have not done anything to apologize for and damn sure am not responsible for my ancestors.

even your ancestors were not that bad. the truth is in the 1860 census . read New Orleans and South Carolina's Slave owners!
    27% of freed blacks owned slaves verses 4% of whites. no one embraced slavery more than newly freed blacks

Seanpcola

F&S, I seriously doubt you (Garcon Point) and I (Beulah) have much to worry about anyway. The rioting would be downtown. No skin off our collective backsides. If the mob did decide to branch out to areas like our's it would be brutal ........ for them.

Members online

Top Bottom