• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Has anyone had a Nosler Partion that didn't perform as advertised? Was the shot that didn't perform satisfactorily, properly placed? With the current prices have you switched from Nosler Partitions to another hunting round? Are there only certain calibers that you use Nosler Partitions for? (IE .308 Win for large game)

Last edited:

Deersniper270

Master
    I have not tried those particular rounds but I hear good things about them. I am currently using Hornady SST in my 6.5 Grendel, Winchester Deer Season in my .300blk and Remington Corelokt in my .270win.

brasshog

Marksman
    I use them and have personally never had an issue. In fact I just purchased several boxes of 250gr 35 cal Nolser Partitions for reloading some future 35 Whelen elk rounds. There are some stories floating around on the web about failures but from what I have read it is usually due to high velocity. Anything can fail and bullets get subjected to some pretty rough treatment downrange.

Captain Dave

Shooter
    The Partition is a great hunting bullet. Not the most accurate for precision shooting, but the terminal ballistics are excellent. You won't be disappointed if you use it for whitetails. I have used them from .224 up to .358 across the spectrum. Always satisfied. However... my favorite hunting bullet is Barnes TSX or TTSX.

Top Bottom