• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkS

Master
    damn.. me and the turkey fought years ago and i havent looked back sense!

The turkey whipped me and hid the pants I left home in took six months to find them. Had to ask the buddy who's brother told me I could have the bottle if I killed it what I did after that turkey kicked in with the fifth of Canadian Mist I had just drank. Thank God I didn't get in a wreck and hurt someone. Haven't fought with the turkey since 1979

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fletch

Master
    Nothing wrong with the Turkey at all. It punches well above it's weight class as far price is concerned imo.

It's a staple in my liquor cabinet. Neat, on the rocks, Old Fashioned, and cheap enough to mix with coke for those who like that. It's a good all around whiskey for me.

I've got some Knob Creek and Bullet on hand but don't think it's really that much better than the Turkey to be honest.

Elijah Craig is best bang for the buck for me. I love that stuff and prefer it to any of the above.

MarkS

Master
    I didn't know when to quit back when I was trying block out the memory of the night I crawled back into the wreckage to get my big brother's body out

bmixs10

Shooter
    Next Time

Wish I'd seen your post earlier. Just got back from Richey's East with Knob Creek Select Barrel that someone recommended. Must be good, Richey's East is on the label. Will get Elijah Craig next.
    The Turkey made me quit hard liquor for about 30 years, could not remember getting home one night, scary. Drank only beer and have the belly to prove it. About a year ago, started trying good scotch and bourbon. I got a bottle of 101 a couple of weeks ago, very good in moderation and with the big, round ice cubes from the tray my wife got me.

Attachments

• IMG_0833 (1).JPG
      IMG_0833 (1).JPG
      42.7 KB · Views: 257

Fletch

Master
    Had some Knob Creek with a big round ice cube earlier as well, but not the single barrel select. 120 proof is pretty sporty!

Never really had much of a taste for scotch but got a bottle of 18 year old Glenlivet for Christmas. I now like Scotch. Evidently I had just not had the right kind of scotch.

bmixs10

Shooter
    Nice gift. Haven't tried Glenlivet yet, but it's next. If you are buying, recommend you try Macallan 12. If someone else is buying, tell them you want the 15 or 18.

Viking1204

Master
    I guess I have a sweet tooth, this on ice is my night cap when I'm at the hunting camp!

Attachments

• Wild Turkey.jpg
      Wild Turkey.jpg
      56.3 KB · Views: 180

Ric-san

Master
    Was in Chicago visiting my Dad and stoped in for some tasty beverages to bring back here...picked up some new to me Three Floyds American Pale Ale, "Space Station Middle Finger".... definitely some good brew.

IMG_0698.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0698.JPG
      IMG_0698.JPG
      302.9 KB · Views: 257

rtprthd

Master
    Made it back to Chicago and I'm introducing my dad to Zombie Dust. I'll tell you later about my dumbassery when flying up here.
    c6884a90f30096e38aee30a98d4dc916.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rtprthd

Master
    I tried some Glenfiddich 12 last night for the first time and I was surprised by the lack of flavor. There just wasn't much to it.
    I know it's not the most popular but Glenlivet 12 still does the trick for me. Good flavor, but not too much of a kick in the gut. If you want REAL flavor, I got some Laphroaig you can try. I've only had one or two glasses out of it. A bit much for me.

Story will have to wait till I'm not at work.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rtprthd

Master
    So let's hear the story!

So, when I was going to Chicago I was flying out of Birmingham. Got there, and got a boarding pass. It was just me and my dad, and we got TSA PreCheck…Score!! After I got through the metal detector, they pulled my bag off of the conveyor and put it to the side. I was thinking crap, they’re gonna give me shit about the log of Copenhagen I had in there. So someone comes around gets my bag and waves me over to another table with images of the XRay machine. It’s a big bag pack that holds my stupidly big lap top. The guy looks at the image and starts digging through. I’m just sitting there getting a little aggravated. He then pulls out a loaded .45 XD magazine, and I said “SHIT!!!” He then says, “Hold on, there’s something else.” I start freaking out in my head. I am sitting here thinking about how I’m going to be going to jail, both my parents are flying to Chicago as well, and my brother never has any money, so who is going to bail my ass out? Also, thinking what charges will this be? Will this void my CC Permit??? Then the guy pulls out a neoprene sleeve full of shotgun shells. I then said “F**K!” out loud. The guy then turns to me, and its obvious on my face now that I’m freaking out pretty badly. He starts laughing and says it’s ok. We have this all the time. He said I can have the magazine holder, and neoprene sleeve back, but the ammo and magazine are staying with him. He will just photograph it with my ID, and they will go to the local PD to be used and shot at their range. I breathed a sigh of relief and told him I was happy to donate 13 rds of .45 to the local PD. Apparently, they have people come through all the time with pistols and knives still in their purse/bags, so this wasn’t a big deal to them. But for about five minutes I was pretty close to having a heart attack.

The spare magazine was in there from a road trip I took to Cincinnati a few weeks before, and I completely forgot about. The shotgun shells were from the last time I went to my Grandmother’s house. My grandfather passed away last year, and since I’m the only other gun person in the family, I’ve been given everything gun related. And the last time I was there she had found this old shell holder with 20 gauge shells, and she gave them to me, and I guess I just threw them in the back pack and forgot about them. So moral of the story is, if you’re like me and have gun shit and knives and stuff everywhere…double check all your bags before getting on an airplane.

Top Bottom