Oh, look your insurance will continue to go up....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    The USG better jump in and save you...

wvfatboy

Master
    It sure is brother. I pay 250 a month now. Thats 3K a year. When Sally took my roof shingles off I had to pay a 7K deductible. Thats 10K right there I paid out and had to fight for that ! People need to shut these scam companies down so they don't have the option of deciding who and where they will offer their services !!!

Last edited:

Bay Ranger

Master
    I lived on the MS Gulf Coast during Katrina. I had a friend that lived one house off the beach and he lost his house (on pilings)to storm surge. After he rebuilt his total insurance (wind, flood, liability, etc.) was gonna be nearly $20K per year. He was financially able to self insure everything but liability which was reasonable. If you can afford to do it that's the way to go. Of course, if you have a mortgage the lending company is not going to let you do that.

5lima30ret

Master
    One reason homeowners insurance is so high in FL is that after all the hurricanes all the big companies like State Farm of FL separated from the other states to limit their liability. Stae Farm of FL can go under and the rest of the states can stay in business. Just one more reason I no longer reside in FL!

*There was a story on Fox 10 yesterday on how FL is the fastest growing population state in the country with the highest inflation rate (even more than California!)

Raven

Master
    It is getting to the point for some to decide if it is cheaper to do without insurance. Put the money back you pay these companies for emergencies. I am considering it. It is about like an extended warranty on a vehicle. Is it worth it?
    Depends on how much time you have to kick back payments before an emergency and how much savings you have going into your self-insured plan. I thought about it too after my insurance company threatened to cancel me and there was only two insurance companies in the whole state that would cover me because of the age of my house and my galvanized plumbing. But I owned a bombproof concrete block house with no gables on a tongue and groove roof. With brand new metal roofing and a brand new air conditioner (inside and outside) that I paid for. I was already basically self insured because I was scared to death to make a claim.

I don't own it anymore.

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    I’m at the point that self insuring is a reasonable alternative, if I go two years with out having to replace a roof ,I’ll be ahead of the game . In Florida it is almost a necessity to have liability insurance, as most folks that move here from other places are sue happy .

FLT

Master
    It’s almost as if DeSantis should have been focusing on this issue for his constituents instead of political grandstanding
    You might more satisfied living in Mississippi, mosts folks in Florida are pleased with our governor, his stance against queers and confused gender folks seems to cloud you opinion of him . Perhaps you’re confused about whats important to normal folks.

Raven

Master
    It’s almost as if DeSantis should have been focusing on this issue for his constituents instead of political grandstanding.
    I'd love to know why you think the best governor Florida has ever had wasn't concerned about Florida home insurance

Screenshot_20230714-003549.png

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    The state has to get rid of assignable benefits first.

Contractors and lawyers are making a killing.

It is really not hurricanes that are hurting us.

My insurance did go down this year after I put on Miami Dade rates shutters.

7train

Shooter
    I am moving to Thailsnd after I sell my Condo here in St. Pete Beach Fl. I will come back every now and then to visit friends. I will rent a place across the street from the Beach for $300 U.S. dollars a month. I will sell my all my guns except 2 of them. The 2 will go into my buddies safe for when I come back. I am done with this bullshit here in the USA, it's not the same country anymore.

RHINOWSO

Master
    I am moving to Thailsnd after I sell my Condo here in St. Pete Beach Fl. I will come back every now and then to visit friends. I will rent a place across the street from the Beach for $300 U.S. dollars a month. I will sell my all my guns except 2 of them. The 2 will go into my buddies safe for when I come back. I am done with this bullshit here in the USA, it's not the same country anymore.
    iu

Top Bottom