• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emcm2

Master
    Ok I got into a pissing contest with someone today over a barrel someone please tell me I'm right so I can thump him in the head and call him stupid. Ok here our fight.

Shotgun barrel length has to be 18 1/2 inches from barrel tip to where it slides into Reciver I'm i right so far so just because you put a pistol grip on a shotgun does not give you the right to cut it down to 12 inches and call it a 410 pistol. He thinks just because it shoots 45colt rounds and 410 rounds he can make it a pistol. God I hope I'm right lol

dead-bird

Marksman
    Sure he can.
    After he pays his $200 tax, submits and receives his apprived FORM 1 For NFA Title II Firearm Manufacturing (5320.1) back from BATFE.
    Then, he can cut away.

Otherwise, he's just won a vacation to Hotel Fed...

SAWMAN

Master
    db is absolutely correct in his post #2. HOWEVER you are 1/2 inch wrong in your OP. Barrel length is barrel length no matter what it slided onto,clips on,screws onto,etc,etc. Last I hear'ed tell it was from the base of the shell to the muzzle end of the bbl. Gotta be 18 inches. --- SAWMAN

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    db is absolutely correct in his post #2. HOWEVER you are 1/2 inch wrong in your OP. Barrel length is barrel length no matter what it slided onto,clips on,screws onto,etc,etc. Last I hear'ed tell it was from the base of the shell to the muzzle end of the bbl. Gotta be 18 inches. --- SAWMAN

Yep, the measure it from the breach/bolt face to the end of the barrel or perm attached muzzle device.

https://www.atf.gov/files/publications/download/p/atf-p-5320-8/atf-p-5320-8-chapter-2.pdf

Dan1612

Master
    If it has never had a stock, it's not technically a shotgun, and if it's at least 26.5" in OAL, it can have a shorter barrel since then it's not an AOW or an SBS. Like this:
    ga4yta5a.jpg

I did NOT know you could shoot 45lc out of a 410 shotgun, not for chamber size but more for pressure ratings. What make and model is it exactly?

oneshot

Master
    Yes you can shoot 45 Lc in a 410 Have shot a lot use it in place of slugs, there was a pistol made with rifleing in it so it would be class as a pistol but was chambed for 410 that if it had no rifleing it would have been a short barrel shotgun. This is the same with the judge pistol now. Just my 5 cents jj

Emcm2

Master
    Dan1612 it's a snake charmer style single shot shotgun I asked the same thing and he said it can shoot slugs it can handle a colt45 round I know several people who shoot colt45 rounds in there 410 shotguns

dead-bird

Marksman
    I've not seen a Snake charmer pistol. And as stated he can't just make one out of a rifle.
    However, if it was one of these: ROSSI P4102211BS 45/410 RG BL.
    It was manufactured as a pistol. Maybe he needs to get one and stay out of trouble...

74819.jpg

Attachments

• 74819.jpg
      74819.jpg
      48.6 KB · Views: 268
    Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Dan1612 it's a snake charmer style single shot shotgun I asked the same thing and he said it can shoot slugs it can handle a colt45 round I know several people who shoot colt45 rounds in there 410 shotguns

Interesting. One of the first guns I ever owned. Kinda cool, learn something new everyday. Thanks.

Snow Bird

Master
    I always wondered where they measured to, I lert something today to.

SODAPOPMG

Shooter
    If it has never had a stock, it's not technically a shotgun, and if it's at least 26.5" in OAL, it can have a shorter barrel since then it's not an AOW or an SBS. Like this:
    ga4yta5a.jpg

I did NOT know you could shoot 45lc out of a 410 shotgun, not for chamber size but more for pressure ratings. What make and model is it exactly?

hate to burst your bubble but that is still a nfa firearm as shown, it will cost you $200.00 to make it but it will transfer to someone else as a nfa aow for $5.00 provided their never was a but-stock on it , if it had one on it at any time i will be a short barrel shotgun
    you need the 18in barrel on it unless you have paid the tax money

Dan1612

Master
    hate to burst your bubble but that is still a nfa firearm as shown, it will cost you $200.00 to make it but it will transfer to someone else as a nfa aow for $5.00 provided their never was a but-stock on it , if it had one on it at any time i will be a short barrel shotgun
    you need the 18in barrel on it unless you have paid the tax money

Nope.
    http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?page_id=88

Emcm2

Master
    So if you buy a Receiver from say like mossberg factory new never built and then you could built a handheld shotgun out of it

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    could be interesting with a pistolgrip and a sig like stabilizer type stock on a short pump or auto?????????

Members online

Top Bottom