• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RackinRay

Master
    Sounds like a painless change, and if it is the best for Ian at this point; I am glad it worked out. Glad you will still be around Ian and thanks for starting the community that will continue under the new host.

Welcome Tex. Appreciate the room to jaw and exhange toys locally!

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I have nothing against the change except that I'm old and don't like change. If Ian is happy then I'm happy. I'll just have to switch to Brant to pick on.

Dan1612

Master
    I have nothing against the change except that I'm old and don't like change. If Ian is happy then I'm happy. I'll just have to switch to Brant to pick on.
    Are you really that old? And do you really look like Sam Elliot? Because I hear you're bald. Either way, I do think Brant is a better target. He's small and reactive. Lol

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    LOL. I am that old and I have been told I sound like Sam. My wife has always wished I looked like Sam. I have more hair than a bunch of thirty somethings on here but keep a buzz cut or shaved.

Garpo

Master
    Are you really that old? And do you really look like Sam Elliot? Because I hear you're bald. Either way, I do think Brant is a better target. He's small and reactive. Lol

Yup, John is that old. In fact, I venture to say he's old enough to be Brant's grandfather. Looking like Sam Elliot, not so sure of. :madgrin:

BTW, Welcome Tex...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    John is an old man but does not show weakness to act and feel like he is as old as he really is!..From another old man who would rather shoot you than fight you...!

ChrisC

Master
    Thanks to Ian and Kevin for providing this local forum. I have met many great members and I have done many firearm transactions that did not cost me a dime. In return, I try to be an active participant and help keep the forum active (classified lurkers take note). Give advice/help/opinion where its needed. Thanks again!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Not to worry, our beloved admin is adjusting to life appropriately.
    5f804bfe939fd388cc39215b1ee421e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

RackinRay

Master
    LOL. I am that old and I have been told I sound like Sam. My wife has always wished I looked like Sam. I have more hair than a bunch of thirty somethings on here but keep a buzz cut or shaved.

He does kind of sound like Sam Elliot, is older (we are near in age), has had some interesting experiences, and has a fond place for S&W model 10 revolvers. I do not know his sign, but know he would hand you yours quickly! LOL

Viking1204

Master
    Well if Ian hadn't announced it I don't think I would have noticed, place is running nice and smooth as it always has! Hopefully Tex will help us expand and get some more Texans to join the forum. Might be a good idea to add Texas to the regional forums.

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    I am open to opening the gulf coast up some more. However 100% fine with leaving it as is. The way it is now seems to work well and the area is not too broad.

Well if Ian hadn't announced it I don't think I would have noticed, place is running nice and smooth as it always has! Hopefully Tex will help us expand and get some more Texans to join the forum. Might be a good idea to add Texas to the regional forums.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Now that I have spent time on each forum there are some things that can work on both and some that may not. I have to say this one seems more friendly, more talkative/helpful to new people and without caring where they are from. The nice thing there is they cover all TX and not as small an area as here but they have divided it up by major cities which is nice for you to stay within an area you are most interested in.

We might get to see more lever action rifles and revolvers if we had a Texas section.

Latest posts

Top Bottom