• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Champ62

Master
    My CCO is a Sig Traditional Compact Stainless. Not sure how much I will really carry it but I can't seem to part with it ether. LOL This size 1911 feels great in my hand. I will be buying another CCO in aluminum one day.

Nice gun and grips too!

Dan1612

Master
    Finally got the King Cobra from GunBroker. Thanks to David at TGD for another delightfully easy and simple transfer.
    Now my Python gets to have a friend and all is good.
    y8a8edy7.jpg

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    OH that is a pretty pair...see it was not so bad...

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Fine handguns in this thread!

Here is a fun gun for me, a S&W 3rd model singleshot, 22lr, made around 1919. My kids and grandkids enjoy shooying it also.

Very nice!

Dan1612

Master
    Is there alot of differance in the action between the two?

Yes.
    On the KC, I can see the front sight wiggle as I pull the trigger in DA. It feel like it has 2 different stages and so can also hear what is happening.
    On the Python, the front sight doesn't move and the pull is like a hot knife through butter, some resistance, but even and smooth resistance.
    I believe this will clearly show on 50 yard side by side DA 6 shot groups.
    SA is very similar for both, the bore design on the python might make it a bit more accurate, but with me shooting it, I don't think it'll make that big of a difference.

The action on the King Cobra is very good. Better than I expected, better than an out of the box Smith. I'd say it's as good as a Smith with a good trigger job, but with a bit more noise.
    I REALLY like the noise, I'm my mind, it sounds like a rattler when I pull the hammer back.

I like the action, I like the noise and I like the name and roll mark. To me, these small differences justify the cost over a 686, it's in the details, along with the fact that you can't go into any store and pick one up, which to me, makes it special. By the same token, I justify the cost of the Python for what it does, but also for what it is, the greatest revolver ever made.

Based on that, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up an Anaconda down the road, but I have other things on my list right now, and I'm not ready to add another caliber.
    No, it's not a Python, it's different, it's less smooth, and less accurate, but stronger and almost as cool, and IMO, better than anything else out there. A very worthy runner up in the world of revolvers.

You can think of it as a TRP (with a trigger job) and a Wilson, if that makes sense.

Just my personal and biased opinion.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I just got a new toy on trade today. It should be a little easier to handle than my LCR. I'll get some good pictures whenever I get a chance.

20140225_184546_zpskuzsdci0.jpg

Edit: AHHHH! Fingerprints!

Seanpcola

I've had the itch lately for one of those. If it wasn't for the pesky state line thing I would consider it, the whole package with the speed loaders. I don't own one revolver.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I've had the itch lately for one of those. If it wasn't for the pesky state line thing I would consider it, the whole package with the speed loaders. I don't own one revolver.

Yeah, the hoops you have to jump through along with the additional fees typically make it not worth it. If I've still got it in a week or two, I'll get up with you and see if we can work out a deal.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Brant, any progress on the Para?

Yes and no. I haven't gotten any more FTF's with the stock mags or the CMC mags.

But, I have been playing around with the series 80 parts and managed to screw something up. I took out all the series 80 parts and installed the frame filler plate to see if that would help out the trigger pull, but I'm now getting inconsistent trigger pulls when it's loaded. This is especially prevalent on the first round of a magazine. The trigger becomes much heavier for just that one round. I plan on taking that piece out as soon as I get a new grip screw, being that I managed to strip one out....

Dan1612

Master
    Yes and no. I haven't gotten any more FTF's with the stock mags or the CMC mags.

But, I have been playing around with the series 80 parts and managed to screw something up. I took out all the series 80 parts and installed the frame filler plate to see if that would help out the trigger pull, but I'm now getting inconsistent trigger pulls when it's loaded. This is especially prevalent on the first round of a magazine. The trigger becomes much heavier for just that one round. I plan on taking that piece out as soon as I get a new grip screw, being that I managed to strip one out....

No idea what to tell you about the series 80 stuff.
    Glad you stripped a screw and not the frame, that can be a pain.
    Got a source for the screws? I've got a couple you can have.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    No idea what to tell you about the series 80 stuff.
    Glad you stripped a screw and not the frame, that can be a pain.
    Got a source for the screws? I've got a couple you can have.

Ian told me he's got some, I've just got to get one from him. I've got an ez-out, but I'm waiting to get the screw out until I get a replacement.

Dan1612

Master
    Ian told me he's got some, I've just got to get one from him. I've got an ez-out, but I'm waiting to get the screw out until I get a replacement.

I had to break a grip once. Then I used some pliers to get it off. Not the best way to do it, but I'm not very patient.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator

If they are hex head grip screws and you just stripped the head; I've had good luck gently tapping a torx bit into the stripped head to remove. If that doesn't work I've found it easier and quicker to drill the head offIthey usually come off very easily) then remove the good screw normally, remove the panel and use needle nose vise grips to unscrew the remaining shaft. I stopped using the hex head screws after twisting the heads off of several when someone loc-tited them because except for a few manufacturers the metal is very thin where the head attaches to the shaft.

Top Bottom