• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shipwreck

Shooter
    Recent Dan Wesson purchase. I have owned many 1911s over the years - this is my favorite one to date, easily...

Valor-hammerdown1_zps7a05555c.jpg~original

Valorside3_zps6119ad59.jpg~original

Shipwreck

Shooter
    Man, it shoots awesome. First time I got one that didn't have three dot sights. I didn't know how I would like it. But damn those sights work so well. It is my fav 1911 I have ever owned, and I have owned some semi custom models before. It shoots VERY nicely!

Dan1612

Master
    Glad to hear that. It is a great looking pistol.

It does look good. I'm debating between a used Dan Wesson and a used Ed Brown or a brand new Nighthawk AAC Recon. AHHH! It's killing me. But I won't know till I handle them.

Shipwreck

Shooter
    I bought the Dan Wesson three hours after I put a deposit down on an Ed Brown. Special Forces. I used th have a Special Forces about four years ago. Honestly, had I gotten the Dan Wesson first, I probably would not have out the money down for the Ed Brown... That is how nice this Valor is.

Egordon71

Marksman
    One more for the must have in the "Collection" she's a new one but I till I find the perfect all Belgium she'll do.
    7dc28e5600f1d882598243459ad4c429.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more for the must have in the "Collection" she's a new one but I till I find the perfect all Belgium she'll do.
    7dc28e5600f1d882598243459ad4c429.jpg

There is nothing like owning a Hi-Power.

1944 Fabrique Nationale (made in Belgium)

1969 Browning HP (made in Belgium)

All four of my HPs

Egordon71

Marksman
    Very nice! I had one in the early 90s and let it go, I'm so glad to have one back.

Dan1612

Master
    Got a new Ed Brown on Saturday... Pic of it with my Dan Wesson Valor :)

Pair1000_zps23d48bc6.jpg~original

Very nice, Sir. How do they compare?
    I saw a Special Forces at Jim's for $2200, almost picked it up. Very nice guns indeed.

Shipwreck

Shooter
    If that was new, that was a damn good price. I paid just over that plus tax...

Someone else at Glocktalk asked me a similar question - this was part of my response:

This part is about a thread on 1 forum where we voted for our favorite brand of 1911....

I might sound idiotic... But....

I have the new Ed Brown, and I owned the exact same gun from Ed Brown several years ago. So, I know what I have, and it is a fantastic gun!

But, despite the cost and the higher "level" of the Brown... At this point, I will say that I voted Dan Wesson. I don't know what it is about the stainless Valor, but I think it's my favorite 1911 I've ever owned... And, the two 1911s I have now put me at #'s 9 and 10 for the # of 1911s I've had over the years. I fell in love with the Valor as soon as I picked it up at the local shop.

So, I voted Dan Wesson....

And another part of a post I made on another forum:

Well, I like them both A LOT. I ordered the Brown in July, and then stumbled upon the Valor later that day at the local shop. I played with it like 10 min, and went home. I could not forget it, and looked at what I could sell to cover the cost. I then went back to the shop 15-20 minutes later and bought that Valor.

Now, I once had a Special Forces before... About 5-6 years ago. I also had a Springfield Custom Shop gun previously too. I was/am SUPER impressed with the Valor. It's not a custom/semi custom. But, it is very nicely put together... Before I got this new Special Forces in yesterday, I think the Valor was my fav 1911 I've previously owned... I had a few issues with my Springfield Custom years back - I'd say that I like this Valor much more. And, the construction of the gun is better.

I will also say that had I seen the Valor and bought it 1 week earlier, I probably would have been satisfied and not even ordered the Brown.

With this new Special Forces in my hand, now - it is a sweet gun. When you the two guns directly, you can see a slightly higher level of detail and fit in the Brown compared to the Valor. The Valor uses some Ed Brown parts, though, so there are some similarities.

I have always liked 3 dot sights, but the sights on the Valor made me change my mind on that. I was considering changing out the rear sight on the Brown to match. But after shooting it today, I will leave well enough alone. I'm not gonna mess with the sights...

In the end... BOTH are fantastic guns. The Brown is made a little better, but I shoot both of them really well. I like the Valor enough that I plan to custom order a 9mm Valor bobtail, without the bobtail (just a commander). I have the price from Dan Wesson - they just aren't taking new order until January. They seem to be busy catching up and preparing for some new releases... And for Shotshow. So, unfortunately, I gotta wait 3 more months or so before I can place my order...

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Makes sense, sometimes you just make a connection, and that's that. Congrats on both, they're definitely on my list, nearly just as yours sit, as I just recently got into the stainless ones.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411758056.783688.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411758056.783688.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411758056.783688.jpg
      47.9 KB · Views: 239

Gene

Expert
    My latest 1911

Colt 1911CCG TALOS ED going to shoot it this weekend. Now my Officers model has company!

Attachments

• 20141008_093811-1-1-1.jpg
      20141008_093811-1-1-1.jpg
      170.3 KB · Views: 163

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom