Please reply by conversation.

rockb

Expert
    ItemPop Up Trailer

LocationPanama City

Contact InfoPM

Price$3250

Item Description
    Palamino Pony 283 Pop Up Trailer. Has Queen at one end and I think a full at the other. Has 12DCV/110VAC/Propane refrigerator and an AC that will freeze you out on high. Storage compartment at one end with a bin that slides out from either side. Has a 12VDC motor to raise and lower. I can set up or break down the unit by myself in about 20 minutes.

I bought it about 7 years ago and got a signed title at that time but did not get a bill of sale. Tried to register it but they would not do it with out a bill of sale. Kept forgetting about doing it. I have reached out to the previous owner to get them to sign a bill of sale but they have been unresponsive so the best I can do is give you the signed title that I have.

IMG_7525_zpsy3tx4si7.jpg

IMG_7527_zpsohbstu83.jpg

IMG_7531_zpsiitj074q.jpg

IMG_7547_zpsysnqb6jk.jpg

IMG_7542_zpsur95zf6b.jpg

IMG_7532_zpsr7lqa9he.jpg

IMG_7533_zpspodrcgnd.jpg

Welldoya

Master
    That's odd. I've sold plenty of cars by just signing the title. No bill of sale.
    So, are you saying that you can't get a tag ? Do you just pull it without one ?

rockb

Expert
    Welldoya;334868So said:
    are you saying that you can't get a tag ? Do you just pull it without one ?

I have tried twice. Both times I have been told I need a bill of sale. I have heard that the tag office in Port St Joe is a little more liberal but have not driven down there to try it.

You are covered for 30 days on anything you buy so you can get it to your lease and leave it there and be completely legal.

I wish they would let you just get a generic "trailer" tag and pay for the largest trailer you will be pulling. At one time I had 5 trailers (2 boats, this, and 2 utility trailers) I can only pull one at a time so why do I need 5 tags. I understand needing one on whatever I am pulling at the time so that in the event I do something stupid the activity can be traced back to me by using the tag but making me have 5 different tags when only 1 is in use at a time is just a way to generate extra $$ for the state.

You should check around, their are companies that assist in getting titles straightened out. I know of one in Mobile, I'm sure theirs one in Fl also. Seems like the last one was around $100-200 but can't remember off the top of my head. I know with boats sometimes you can salvage the title, post it in the paper as abandoned, can't remember the exact process, my brother did it once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    That's what I don't understand. It sounds like his title is fine so why would he need a bill of sale ?
    I've never been asked for one when registering a boat, etc.
    All they wanted was the signed title.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I thought the bill of sale was on the bottom of the title?? It was on the last truck I sold. Just make out a bill of sale to the new owner and there all fixed

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    I have registered vehicles without getting a bill of sale, never asked bout it...

can't help but think some sorryazz county employee is giving bogus info

fishingjean

Master
    I have always thought bill of sale no good in fla, in ala. bill of sale used to be good ,now I think that has all changed. You have to have a title to properly get a tag for a boat trailer, Title , Title everything must have a title that has to have a tag to pull it down the road, I can tell you this if you don't have a title that matches the thing you are driving or pulling its a felony in Fla. its better to drive or pull without tag if tag not for that vechile. just my 9 cents

rockb

Expert
    That's what I don't understand. It sounds like his title is fine so why would he need a bill of sale ?
    I've never been asked for one when registering a boat, etc.
    All they wanted was the signed title.

That is what I thought. I will give it another try.

Zeroed in

Master
    Maybe b/c it's been 7 years? I know there is a penalty fee for not re-registering it within like 30 days from purchase date. Hope they don't hit you for the past 7 years. If they try, tell them it was/is on private property and has not been used on Fl roads. But yeah, seems like those clerks are misinformed. If they tell you again you need a Bill of Sale, ask them What Florida State Statue requires this? Then ask to see it. The Title supersedes a Bill of Sale.
    I didn't get a Bill of Sale when I bought my last 3 Harley's, nor did the clerks ask for one. Title in hand.

tros6t

Marksman
    Trailers are different

Florida is strange about trailers for some reason. Someone tried to sell me a horse trailer with just a bill of sale, which fell through, which is good because when I asked the DMV, they said a bill of sale only and a weight ticket (Owner said would work), would not work. Don't know about pop ups, but horse and boat trailers do not have titles, they have a registration, which is what is needed to transfer to someone in Florida.

Cynical

Shooter
    Florida is strange about trailers for some reason. Someone tried to sell me a horse trailer with just a bill of sale, which fell through, which is good because when I asked the DMV, they said a bill of sale only and a weight ticket (Owner said would work), would not work. Don't know about pop ups, but horse and boat trailers do not have titles, they have a registration, which is what is needed to transfer to someone in Florida.

Kinda. Over a certain weight a title is required for a trailer. To get the title originally you have to provide an MSO.

Under the magic weight (I recall 2,000 lbs), a bill of sale will get you a trailer registration since the trailer would not be titled.

rockb

Expert
    Kinda. Over a certain weight a title is required for a trailer. To get the title originally you have to provide an MSO.

Under the magic weight (I recall 2,000 lbs), a bill of sale will get you a trailer registration since the trailer would not be titled.

NADA puts the Popup at 1285 lbs. And it it titled.

rockb

Expert
    Tried a different tag office and still no joy. Looks like Alabama will let you register it with just a signed title. So maybe someone up there needs a travel trailer.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I will let you store it on my hunting lease if I can use it, does not need to be titled there! Otherwise make up a Bill of sale and I will sign it for you

rockb

Expert
    I will let you store it on my hunting lease if I can use it, does not need to be titled there! Otherwise make up a Bill of sale and I will sign it for you

Thanks for the offer but I have plenty of room to store it. I am pretty sure that the Bill of sale has to be from the current "Registered" owner.

Zeroed in

Master
    I'd have someone/anyone to write out a BoS, turn it in and call it Slick.

But I think there may still be a way around it if you don't wanna do the above. If your name is in the "Buyers Name" section, you re-sell it to a friend for cheap, give him/her a BoS with the Title. There is a section for re-assigning a title (flipping/selling before you register it). You sign it there and that person takes it to get it registered with BoS bypassing the original seller.

The 2nd way is to take it to a Used car place, and trade it in on a car/truck or out-right sell it. Don't mention the BoS issue. They don't need BoS for re-assigning title anyway. Or pay them a few duckies to help you get it straightened out.

Free Bump. Good Luck.

fishingjean

Master
    If previous owner had title in his name an signed it as seller, you should be able to sign as buyer a go to tag office an get it transferred in your name an get a tag for the camper, !!!

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom