• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theeyeguy

Shooter
    So, my real job is that I am an Optician here in Texas. I have been doing this a long time and work for an optical that has a lot of frame lines. A couple of the boards I frequent (Texags, 2cool fishing, etc) I have a pretty good rep with and will do seasonal group buys on Costa, Maui Jim, Oakley, and Wiley X. Is this something that is OK here? I am not the one making money on it, just something I do as a service for some of the boards I frequent. If the mods here aren't cool with it, totally fine. Just curious if it's ok and, if so, if people would be interested.

SAWMAN

Master
    I would not be in the least bit interested sir. I am here for guns,ammo,reloading,hunting,shooting,etc,etc.

All my sunglases come from a flea market and are usually <$5.00. This is just one members opinion. --- SAWMAN

Gunslinger816

Marksman
    I'm sure that there would be interest in a group buy, but as with anything it would depend on pricing. PM me if you get some prices.

Seanpcola

For the last decade the only sunglasses I wear are the Smith and Wesson Phantom series. They fit my face perfectly plus theyre rated.safety glasses and HAVE saved my eyes on a few occasions.

It would be interesting to.see what kind of quantity discount you can get on that brand.

Thank you for the offer!

shootnstarz

Master
    A little off topic (OK, a lot) but I'm turning 60 this month and am starting to have a little trouble seeing model airplanes when they get far away.

Is it possible to get script polarized sunglasses w/amber lens?

Rick

jakec

Master
    thanks for the offer but my old ass has to have prescription glasses.

Seanpcola

If I'm outside in the daylight I have sunglasses on. And that's a lot of hours in the day. Theeyeguy can confirm or debunk this but I was told years ago that I really need to protect from the sun because I have light blue eyes. I think it has helped because at 57 YO I don't need glasses except for detailed stuff up close or late at night when I'm really tired.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Sure it is a great idea, impact shooting lenses, after all this IS a gun forum! I am sure others on here fish, drive and work where they need sun glasses or impact resistant lenses. Thanks for thinking of us.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I would be interested in some pricing, how would you handle the payments? Since you are in TX, and most of us are in FL / AL, how would they be distributed?

Dan1612

Master
    I'd most definitely be interested. My Costas are due for another round of epoxy, but maybe it's time to retire them. Thank you for the kind offer.

Snow Bird

Master
    Iwould if I could see priceing and styles. No $300 biefocals for me tho.

theeyeguy

Shooter
    Ok, much better response than I expected! So, just a bit of background... I am an ABO certified Optician, so prescription glasses are definitely possible for those that need them. Basically, I'll be saving money by ordering multiple items at once and not having to pay individual shipping to me. Obviously yall will have to have everything shipped to you, so it shipping is a flat $10 since I have to get tracking/insure. In regards to pricing, I cannot publicly post what I'm selling at as these prices are under the MAP that is listed for each thing but it's a decent discount off the retail and everything will be coming from an authorized dealer of these frame lines.

Here is the link to the group buy that I'm currently running on the main forum I frequent.

http://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2523285

The frame lines I carry are costa, wiley x, oakley, maui jim, and rayban. I also am a dealer in night vision and gun optics so Leupold, Zeiss, EoTech, etc can be ordered as well. Orders are usually placed in waves... Once I get 10 or so frame orders, I put the order in and then will ship as soon as they get to me.

theeyeguy

Shooter
    A little off topic (OK, a lot) but I'm turning 60 this month and am starting to have a little trouble seeing model airplanes when they get far away.

Is it possible to get script polarized sunglasses w/amber lens?

Rick

That is very easy. Now, the question is that being 60, do you want multifocals or just distance only?

theeyeguy

Shooter
    If I'm outside in the daylight I have sunglasses on. And that's a lot of hours in the day. Theeyeguy can confirm or debunk this but I was told years ago that I really need to protect from the sun because I have light blue eyes. I think it has helped because at 57 YO I don't need glasses except for detailed stuff up close or late at night when I'm really tired.

This is definitely the case. Light colored eyes are much more sensitive to light. You also probably get a bit of extra glare than most do at night when driving. Whether you realize it or not is a totally different story. You've been that way all your life so you may think what you see is normal when the average person probably has a little less glare. I've been colorblind all my life and didn't know it until I got into college.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Are your Oakley prices less than or the same as their Military/LEO discount?

theeyeguy

Shooter
    They actually get certain frames for less than I can. The LEO/Military program only has a limited selection of frames but they have amazing pricing on them.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Thanks, so you are only going to group buy the frames for script lenses to be put in them?

Top Bottom