• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

pavegunner1

Expert
    Great Planes Big Stick 40ARF, OS 46FS Engine, and Futaba "SkySport" 4VF 4-channel FM Radio
    Built this years back and never flew it. Back surgeries have kept me out the hobby. The engine has never been ran and hasn't even had fuel through it. Everything is like brand new with a minor tear on the wingtip covering from the move to our new house.

Baker, FL

PM or CP: 850-nine_zero_two_three_four_seven_four

$250.00

Big Stick 40:
    Wingspan: 59" (1500mm)
    Wing Area: 757 sq in (48.8 sq dm)
    Weight: 5.25- 6lbs (2.38 - 2.72kg)
    Wing Loading: 19.8 - 21.3 oz/sq ft (50 - 65 g/sq dm)
    Length: 51" (1295mm)
    Airfoil: Fully-Symmetrical High Wing.
    Center of Gravity: 3.75" (95mm) Back from the wing's leading edge.
    Control Throws- High Rate Low Rate
    Elevator: Up & Down .75" (19mm) .62" (16mm)
    Rudder: Right to Left 1.61" (41mm) 1" (25.4mm)
    Ailerons: Up & Down .86" (22mm) .62" (16mm)

OS 46FS Specs:
    • Displacement – 7.45cc (0.455 cu.in.)
    • Bore – 22.0mm (0.866 in.)
    • Stroke – 19.6mm (0.772 in.)
    • Practical RPM – 2,500-17,000 r.p.m.
    • Power output – 1.62bhp @ 16,000 r.p.m.
    • Weight – 375g (13.2oz.)

Futaba "SkySport" 4VF 4-channel FM system:
    • Dual conversion, narrow band FM receiver
    • Servo reversing on all channels at the transmitter
    • Built-in trainer system links the 4VF to any other Futaba FM transmitter types (requires FM trainer cord)
    • Trims on all 4 channels
    • Built-in transmitter battery power meter
    • Full NiCd batteries (Transmitter and Receiver charger is also included)

Attachments

• DSCF0405.JPG
      DSCF0405.JPG
      45.9 KB · Views: 111
    • DSCF0406.JPG
      DSCF0406.JPG
      64.9 KB · Views: 109
    • DSCF0415.JPG
      DSCF0415.JPG
      46.6 KB · Views: 109
    • DSCF0418.JPG
      DSCF0418.JPG
      71.8 KB · Views: 109
    • DSCF0419.JPG
      DSCF0419.JPG
      37.2 KB · Views: 109

pavegunner1

Expert
    Will deliver within 40 milles from Baker. Comes with 5 extra props that go for about 10 bucks a pop.

shootnstarz

Master
    These are probably the most common sport plane you'll see at the field because they fly great, are very forgiving and are quite aerobatic for a sport plane. I have the larger 60 size version and still enjoy flying it when I want a break from hotter planes.

OS engines are top of the line, best you can get.

I will teach anybody that buys this to fly R/C at no charge. I am a certified and insured AMA instructor pilot (yes, there is such a thing).

Rick

Last edited:

pavegunner1

Expert
    Hi Rick...where do you guys fly? I use to be into RC big-time and once was the club pres in Okinawa. Would like to start flying again but I don't think there are any fields near Baker/Crestview.

Thanks..........Bill

TURTLE

Marksman
    I also have the same Stick. He's not kidding when he says they are aerobatic. Mine can do some crazy stuff. Only limited by the pilots skill.

dirtysouth

Marksman
    Pretty cool! I'm waiting for Sean to take me out and let me wreck his stuff before I buy my own...

Seanpcola

We'll do it! You wreck em, I'll fix em. I'm good at putting those puzzles back together. Comes with the territory.:attention:

This one would be an excellent first purchase.

Or, you can meet up with Rick and he can buddy-box with you. That way he's only a flip of the switch away when you eventually dumb thumb it into.a bad situation.

We can all meet up one weekend.

Last edited:

shootnstarz

Master
    Hi Rick...where do you guys fly? I use to be into RC big-time and once was the club pres in Okinawa. Would like to start flying again but I don't think there are any fields near Baker/Crestview.

Thanks..........Bill

Our club, Northwest Florida Modelers, fly mostly at the Escambia Model Park Rae Fritz Field off W Mobile Hwy, a fer piece from Baker. We also have a lease to fly at the Navy's Bronson Field off Blue Angel Pkwy, ever further. There's a club that flys at Eglin, the Eglin Aeromodelers, might be a bit closer. Their field is SE of Niceville. OLF Harold is close to you but it's a sailplane only field, is tightly controlled by the Navy and is closed until further notice as are all the OLFs Whiting Field controls.

If you can get on I-10 and get off at Pine forest Rd our field is only about 5 miles further. I know it's a haul but it's mostly a great bunch of guys I fly with, even Sean will show up now and then. It's a nice field with 2 400' paved runways, sheds, tables, chairs, starting stands, everything except running electricity.

Come on out and fly with us as my guest some time. Hopefully they'll get the bridge fixed soon so we won't have to shelp the last 150 yds to get there.

Rick

Seanpcola

Yeah, Sean is a snob and flies at his own field.:whoo:

Actually I haven't been flying a lot over the last couple of years. Been occupied on other stuff. I fly almost exclusively sailplanes and the soaring end of it is like fishing: An absolute blast when you're doing it, boring as watching paint dry to stand around and observe ....... unless you're a fellow glider guider.

pavegunner1

Expert
    Thanks Rick and Sean...I was a member of Eglin Aeromodelers from 1990-1994 and I appreciate the offer to come fly. Been a long time since I put a plane in the sky plus my AMA is well expired. I learned to fly while stationed at Ramstein, West Germany 84-90,,,,,back in the days when you passed the transmitter to your student. Needless to say I went through a number of planes.

Seanpcola

We've all been through a lot of planes.:pound: I've got models.that I've flown for 25 years without a scratch.I've also totally and completely demolished them within the first 15 seconds of the first flight. With modern equipment and a good instructor (Rick) the learning curve is a lot faster and the debris field a lot smaller.

Emcm2

Master
    Y'all ever flown then at Holley field here in navarre they have fly inns all the time

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    If you have cameras on your planes you can come to my lease and fly, I would love to get the footage!

Emcm2

Master
    If you have cameras on your planes you can come to my lease and fly, I would love to get the footage!
    Frank to bad I sold my Hugh helo I had a gopro set up for it

shootnstarz

Master
    As long as I'm buddy boxing you don't need your AMA license for the first 2 months. After that you will need it and have to join the club to fly there.

Living in the boonies you should be able to find some open field somewhere you can fly. There's a group in Molino that do it, fly the big 30/40 percenters.

Anyhow, the offer still stands for anybody that would like to come out and give it a try.

Rick

shootnstarz

Master
    Y'all ever flown then at Holley field here in navarre they have fly inns all the time

Yep, I flew there a lot when I lived in GB, nice open area, long smooth runways. That's where I completely destroyed my 150mph pattern plane, engine broke into 18 different pieces, cleaned the plane up with a broom and dust pan.

But for now all the OLFs, including Holley, are closed to us for an unknown reason, probably think we're terrorist going to blow up a Navy practice field.

Rick

Last edited:

Emcm2

Master
    Yep, I flew there a lot when I lived in GB, nice open area, long smooth runways. That's where I completely destroyed my 150mph pattern plane, engine broke into 18 different pieces, cleaned the plane up with a broom and dust pan.

But for now all the OLFs, including Holley, are closed to us for an unknown reason, probably think we're terrorist going to blow up a Navy practice field.

Rick
    That's why I sold my helo we used to fly it at the power lines and local MPs showed up said no more we were flying in closed airspace no reason to own a 6 ft bird I can't fly

Good luck with your sale awesome looking plane

pavegunner1

Expert
    Thanks Rick and everyone. I'm one click from closing thread and keep the plane.....I've got the itch now. Wife my be pissed tho as I have too many other hobbies, according to her.:tape:

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom