• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Fishinspot

Expert
    I've got the itch to get one of those octicopters or whatever there called. Been watching the videos and would love to buy one and put a go pro on it and see what my land looks like from the air. That would be awesome!

Seanpcola

Kendive on here is the go-to guy on here for that stuff. He's got the sick wicked setups, top of the line equipment. I'm sure he'll see this and chime in.

Only downside to the hobby is its the same as all others. You start off cheap but then keep wanting the next better thing. Not saying that as a bad thing, its just that there will always be something better to get. I've been in the hobby so long I've come back around full circle to liking the cheap, simple stuff again.

Last edited:

shootnstarz

Master
    Ha, too many other hobbies !!!! Don't get me started !!!

And yes, Ken is the go to guy for quadcopters and the cameras they tote. He's probably offshore now but comes in for 2 weeks.

I too have tamed my wants in R/C. I limit myself to planes that can use a nitro powered engine, hate the gasoline burning weedeater engines the real big planes use, sound like..................a flying weedeater. So my single engine planes max out around 72" wing span while twins can go to around 80". Anything much bigger and they will need to use a gasoline engine.

Sailplanes come in all sizes from the little 1 meter hand launched to the 20'+ wingspan jobs Sean and his buddies fly. My sailplanes are in the 2 to 3 meter range and use a powered winch to launch them.

Rick

Last edited:

Jason

Master
    Hi Rick...where do you guys fly? I use to be into RC big-time and once was the club pres in Okinawa. Would like to start flying again but I don't think there are any fields near Baker/Crestview.

Thanks..........Bill

WHAT????? We have our own airport in Baker! Geeeeezzzzzz

Jason

Master
    Kendive on here is the go-to guy on here for that stuff. He's got the sick wicked setups, top of the line equipment. I'm sure he'll see this and chime in.

Yeah...this many posts and he hasn't chimed in???? He must actually be working on the rig??? hahahah When he starts talking about electronics and stuff like that I get headaches....too much complicity fer simple minds!!!! I'll stick to Ready_Aim_Fire!!!!!!!

shootnstarz

Master
    100" WS Paragon 2 channel sailplane built in 1985 and still flying. I've kept this sailplane aloft for over an hour on several occasions, only came down because my eyes were strained to the max.

Rick

Attachments

• DSC_4912 - Copy.jpg
      DSC_4912 - Copy.jpg
      395.3 KB · Views: 25

Seanpcola

Yeah...this many posts and he hasn't chimed in???? He must actually be working on the rig??? hahahah When he starts talking about electronics and stuff like that I get headaches....too much complicity fer simple minds!!!! I'll stick to Ready_Aim_Fire!!!!!!!

I know what you mean Jason! Ken is an awesome dude but way over my head. My RC stuff is "flip the switch to on, go fly". His stuff has more functions, bells.and whistles than the space shuttle.

Seanpcola

100" WS Paragon 2 channel sailplane built in 1985 and still flying. I've kept this sailplane aloft for over an hour on several occasions, only came down because my eyes were strained to the max.

Rick

My personal best was 2 h 13 m and that was in the early 90s. My long flights are limited to bladder capacity. I learned that if the conditions are perfect on a flying day don't drink coffee that morning.:juggle:

pavegunner1

Expert
    WHAT????? We have our own airport in Baker! Geeeeezzzzzz

That would be a perfect place to fly, only 5 minutes from the house. But...Will the full scale folks that own the field/hangers/houses let us use it?

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom