Rejoice with me, mine gun-owning brethren!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    i am ashamed to admit i "lost" this handgun quite a few years ago. it was for a long time my "outdoor" gun...a pistol i could get to quick or grab to take with me if i was going into the snakey corner of the property. then i misplaced it. pretty sure i hid it before going on a long trip. i looked for it several times over the years and i never forgot it was out there and had a pang of guilt over it. this morning i was building some shelves in one of the sheds and when i moved a tool cabinet there it was, tucked away in its box waiting on me. all these years it was in a shed i always kept locked, which makes sense. a little surface rust but nothing some oil and crocus cloth wont fix. Rejoice with me, my prodigal Ruger MkII has returned!

Attachments

• 20230611_110806_resized.jpg
      20230611_110806_resized.jpg
      675.5 KB · Views: 69

Anangrypasta

Master
    The Ruger Mark series are some of the coolest looking pistols ever and you cannot change my mind haha. Very nice!!

Attachments

• 20230527_233010.jpg
      20230527_233010.jpg
      533.8 KB · Views: 37

FLT

Master
    A Free Pistol!! I always feel like I got things for free when I run across long lost stuff that I’ve forgotten I had.

FLT

Master
    Nice pistol! I like that style scope mounts as well.

DustyDog

Master
    Like Christmas!

Meanwhile, about 30 years ago, my brother suggested that I give him my 10" STS Bull Barrel as collateral for a $250 loan, then SOLD IT.

B-Square mount, 4x Simmons, Pachmayr grips (if I recall correctly) nice bag, extra mags, the whole 9 yards. I could put 7 of 10 in a QUARTER @ 100 yds., so I never bought another because I was SURE it wouldn't match the accuracy of the one he beat me out of.

Note that I never wanted to sell it, the "collateral" deal was his idea, but if I DID put it up for sale, it damned sure wouldn't have been for $250!

rkflorey

Marksman
    Had a female Sergeant call and report her duty weapon had been stolen from her car when she found her empty holster in the back seat...
    I had to hand deliver her replacement duty weapon to her at home and write the report.
    Two months later I get a call and she found the "stolen" pistol under some clothes in her closet. I figured the gun didn't want her to carry it and was hiding so I recovered it and it was later adopted by a more deserving care taker...

i am ashamed to admit i "lost" this handgun quite a few years ago. it was for a long time my "outdoor" gun...a pistol i could get to quick or grab to take with me if i was going into the snakey corner of the property. then i misplaced it. pretty sure i hid it before going on a long trip. i looked for it several times over the years and i never forgot it was out there and had a pang of guilt over it. this morning i was building some shelves in one of the sheds and when i moved a tool cabinet there it was, tucked away in its box waiting on me. all these years it was in a shed i always kept locked, which makes sense. a little surface rust but nothing some oil and crocus cloth wont fix. Rejoice with me, my prodigal Ruger MkII has returned!
    It feels like coming home after a long deployment away. Never lost a firearm for that long (or ever to be fair) but my favorite pair of Nike Air Jordan 1s were lost for like 15 years.

Attachments

• A.jpg
      A.jpg
      75.5 KB · Views: 27
    Top Bottom