• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leostevo

Shooter
    Without consideration for match quality reloads or brass cost, how much is it costing to reload 100 rds?

I have a press but loaned it to my grandfather in Arkansas. Is it worth it to get all my presses back? How much will I really save? Some calibers that I have reloaded really didn't save me anything. Of course this was about 10 years ago, before all the freak outs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M.O.A.

Master
    Figure 30$ for bullets ( match ) 5$ for powder 4.50$ for primers and brass well 25-30 cents each for match brass.

leostevo

Shooter
    Ya, I would buy in bulk. I just wondered if it was worth bothering my grandpa for my presses and gear.

It looks like it may be worth buying new equipment if it comes down to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marquezj16

Marksman
    If you could find powder...at current bulk prices...BLC2 8lbs $142, Hornady 55 gr FMJ 2K $160, CCI 400 SR Primer 2K $54) + Hazmat ($28) and Shipping ($15).

This should be enough to make 2000 rounds if you load 27 grs of powder for each round. $258 divided by 2000 is 12.9 cents per round excluding the brass.

You could probably find cheaper bullets and primer in bulk pricing. The key is to buy the primer and powder together from the same store to save on Hazmat.

Centermass556

Expert
    I dunno wanna highjack this thread...but what is the favorite powder for .223. I like CFE and H4895...But those two in these area are as rare as virgins after prom..does anyone have a 55-68gr recipe with other powders?

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Ive been thinking about getting into reloading as well for a little while now. Approx how many reloads can you get out of a single .223 brass?

SouthBound

Expert
    Centermass556, I like H335 at 24.5-25.5 for a 55. Meters great. I've had good luck finding CFE at Ubers...

FUPAGUNT, Depends on a lot of factors but 5 or so would probably a good average.

M.O.A.

Master
    I dunno wanna highjack this thread...but what is the favorite powder for .223. I like CFE and H4895...But those two in these area are as rare as virgins after prom..does anyone have a 55-68gr recipe with other powders?

W748. Low flame temp definitely helps extend barrel life.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom