• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CCHGN

Banned
    Joe said..."Why do so many of these cases keep popping up in Florida...?"

Joe, I think it has something to do with the fact that we are now the third most largest (population) state in the Union...just my guess...

I have not seen any comments about what I read in a report online...that after he shot the younger man...his gun jammed, he sat down and placed the gun down...let me see if I can find that article...

As a side not Im thinking of something a good friend of mine that I grew up and saw recently said as a current LEO..."contempt of cop" may be what the retired policemen thought was happening...

Hmmm, what I read was that the off duty Deputy( sitting right next to him) took it from him and he didn't resist.

Sounds to me like th old ex cop had a "My God, what have I done?" moment.

Last edited:

Ric-san

Master

Centermass556

Expert
    I would like to think our LEOs have t gone to far done the path of the NYPD/LAPD. I remember growing up and the deputies being pretty good guys. Heck even the last time I was home, a Santa Rosa deputy cut me a break.

I know Miami-dade and Orlando have had issues in the past, but I don't know about pasco county... Hopefully it doesn't spread to the panhandle

John B.

Master
    From everything that I've read, I say it's a lack of self control on both parties.

Texting during a movie? am I guilty, yeah sure... but I would try to do it in the most polite manner possible. Turn the volume all the way down and dim the screen light to low.

Confront someone about texting/disruption during a movie? Again, never done this but it appears the alleged shooter did say something to management before the confrontation escalated.

Throwing popcorn on someone? Completely inexcusable. Immature and inappropriate. At this point, I'm not going to say what the older gentleman should have done, because he has every right to be there. But, what I would have done is move to another seat, or if nothing else was available, inform management of the escalation and ask he be removed from the theater, or for a refund of my ticket and see a movie another time.

Deescalating the situation is the only option in my opinion.

The man should go to jail.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner.

BeanBry

Expert
    No amount of popcorn is cause for me to shoot someone. No words, no matter how harsh or threatening, are going to force me to pull a gun and shoot someone. How we respond to harsh words and confrontations define our character. I'm all for stand your ground, but this does not apply in this case, my humble opinion. Stupid actions like this will ruin it for the rest of us.

This space intentionally left blank

CCHGN

Banned
    No amount of popcorn is cause for me to shoot someone. No words, no matter how harsh or threatening, are going to force me to pull a gun and shoot someone. How we respond to harsh words and confrontations define our character. I'm all for stand your ground, but this does not apply in this case, my humble opinion. Stupid actions like this will ruin it for the rest of us.

yeah, throwing popcorn is old as movie theaters. No big deal.

BeanBry

Expert
    And if calling someone names or verbally threatening warranted shooting someone, we would have to shoot most people on the forums (not here of course).

CCHGN

Banned
    And if calling someone names or verbally threatening warranted shooting someone, we would have to shoot most people on the forums (not here of course).

well, Frankt said he'd like to shoot me, so it's here, too...lol

Snow Bird

Master
    Stag Man, NO NO NO. Crusty old Red Neck Gun Lover

moron1

Expert
    Both screwed up. Both their lives are over." Thlnk before you speak"and "Look before you leap" comes to mind.

schavey

Expert
    That kind of "math" cannot be entered into evidence in a Court of law.[highly prejudicial, ad hominem and in-valid]. The video also seems to illustrate the level of intellect of the "Witness".

CCHGN

Banned
    That kind of "math" cannot be entered into evidence in a Court of law.[highly prejudicial, ad hominem and in-valid]. The video also seems to illustrate the level of intellect of the "Witness".

There's a video?

CCHGN

Banned
    It looks like one

Where? The OP article? That's 3 pics slideshow and the former Marine and son who the dead guy fell on and died. They's sitting right next the couple.

CCHGN

Banned
    Do not understand your posting.

????wow, well, if you'd follow the posts, it might.

YOU said "The video also seems to illustrate the level of intellect of the "Witness"".

To which I asked,"there's a video"?

To which you replied, "it looks like one".

To which I asked, "where"? Meaning where does "it" look like one"?(video)

Then I asked " the OP ( original post) article? Meaning was the video in the OP article? "It" has a slide show of 3 pics, one( shown twice) being the former Marine and son, who the dead guy fell on ( in the theater) and died, but no video.

was that the "witness" you're refering to?

Maybe I should have just asked you what YOU were talking about a video.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom