• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kimber110

Expert
    Thanks for the response poff09: I've been a big Ruger fan since I bought my first pre-mark pistol, my first year of production 10-22 and just about every single-action Ruger ever made. The SR22 is my first Ruger Polymer framed pistol. I don't have it broken in yet, but so far, it seems to like ammo in the 1200fps and up class. Right now, it definitely does not like the CCI Quiet/Remington subsonic (700fps) stuff. Going to try it with a suppressor and see if the low velocity stuff will build up enough back pressure to cycle the action properly. You are right, it is surprisingly accurate for a short barreled mouse-gun.

Telum Pisces

Master
    I bought one about a year ago and it eats anything I have thrown at it so far. From cheap Remington thunderbolt bulk to CCI, it's been flawless so far. It's my "introduce new shooters" gun. I also bought the SR22PBT (threaded barrel) in hopes to make in my first suppressed weapon at some point.

Last edited:

Kimber110

Expert
    Thanks for the reply TP: I also have the threaded barrel and am doing the suppressor thing when I get it broken in a bit. Already popped a snake by our lake tomday with it. Typical Ruger quality. So far, aIl I am going to feed it is HV ammo untill I get all the working surfaces slicked up a bit.

Last edited:

joe

Master
    Mine has never jammed but I did have out of battery Ka boom. Did not hurt me or the gun but keep in mind that it can happen with this model. Always better to be safe & wear eye protection.

I have run 300 rnds threw it since with no problem. It could have been caused by to many different variables to pin point one. So far I like the gun even after the incident.

rick1967

Shooter
    I bought mine new with a defective magazine release. Sent back to Ruger they repaired in few days. Pistol was now working but was not accurate and the slide release was cutting into the aluminum slide.
    Sent back one more time, they changed the barrel, the slide, the slide release and they gave an accuracy test fire - got the test target - . Works ok now but it had to go back 2 times in 3 weeks.
    They make it right at no cost to you but quality control is what it is.
    Accuracy is good but not comparable to a Mark II and III , gun is vary fun to shoot and goes thru ammo like water. My wife loves it because of its light weight.
    I do not have problems taking apart and clean my Marks but this one can be taken apart by anybody and no manual.

Top Bottom